Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

T1nd1v1dual
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Dec 2013, 6:00 pm

First 3 are great. Never owned 2 though. I liked the next 2 (Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail) when I was younger, but in retrospect they're not too good. Actually I didn't really get into the latter.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 8:11 am

I just bought the plush and blanket thats in department stores, and I love it! I only really bought it for the plushie though, the blanket is small and not very comfortable. The first 3 games were some of my favorites in my earliest days of gaming, and I still have the 1st game on disc, and Year of the Dragon downloaded. I wish he could come back as a star in his own game though.

MisterDeranged
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2014, 10:33 am

I have the first three games as PSone Classics on my PSP. I love those games in the series! Pity that after Insomniac stopped developing the series, the games became uninspired and buggy.

AlwaysKeepingTime
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Feb 2014, 7:20 pm

I've replayed Spyro 1 recently, and I noticed that the Artisan home world is a really good tutorial level.

Think about it, there's the sheep and the harmless enemies for you to learn about your attacks(including one guy that takes three or four hits before dying), there's the small pillars of ascending height to practice finicky jumps, the towers to practice long glides, that 1-up in the hedge maze so you know what they look like, and the first dragon is placed right in front of you when you start the game so you can free it and learn what the goal is: freeing dragons.

Anyone else notice this? Or am I just over thinking an underrated classic?

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 6:02 pm

I was a big fan of the PlayStation trilogy games created by Insomniac games but once they sold the Spyro licence, the franchise's quality dipped significantly and now each game seems to be developed by a different development team. Spyro 2: Riptos Rage will always be my favorite one.

joeyyeoj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2014, 7:53 pm

I liked the first two. Pretty cool game

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 5:57 pm

I absolutely loved the first 3 on the PSX. Collected everything!

And then... something terrible happened. Check Six Games took over development and created the fourth installment of the series called Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. Bad frame rates, insane loading times, far too many glitches to count, very short game, they took away the hub system etc etc. Apparently it was rushed by Universal Interactive. One of my most disappointing gaming experiences.

WHY U DO THIS SPYRO!?

Needless to say, I never bought a Spyro game ever since.

manawolf
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Feb 2014, 2:38 am

My friend and I have been enjoying Skylanders. I know it's money grubbing, but we've been having a ton of fun with it.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 4:35 pm

May I ask what happened, bug-wise?

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 5:25 pm

HereBeDragons wrote:
May I ask what happened, bug-wise?
??? You mean me?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 1:21 am

coffeebean wrote:
I loved Spyro when I was little. I could never find fantasy games featuring characters like dragons instead of people, so it was a dream come true.

I had a bad experience with Shadow Legacy, though, and was turned off of the series for awhile. Someone was asleep on bug testing duty. 8O
They should make a new spyro game *not skylanders* for PS3 PS4 XBox 360 Xbox one and Wii U and maybe Wii.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 3:09 pm

coffeebean wrote:
I loved Spyro when I was little. I could never find fantasy games featuring characters like dragons instead of people, so it was a dream come true.

I had a bad experience with Shadow Legacy, though, and was turned off of the series for awhile. Someone was asleep on bug testing duty. 8O

Sorry for any confusion, I was just trying to ask coffeebean about the bug.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2014, 10:46 am

I've played and beaten the first and 3rd many times. Never did get to play the 2nd. And the rest didn't really impress me. More like disgusted me as they seemed to deter from the platforming that Spyro was about.

And Skylanders I don't really want to be a part of unless I'm rich. It's DLC in physical form, and I can't really stand DLC as it is.

I own a Spyro doll. So yeah, I love Spyro. =D

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 2:47 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
They should make a new spyro game *not skylanders* for PS3 PS4 XBox 360 Xbox one and Wii U and maybe Wii.

It would be cool if some day in the future Insomniac decided to take back Spyro, give Ratchet and Clank a break, and release another Spyro game.
All of the baby dragons from previous games return and are cute dragon children.
Spyro is still a cute little purple dragon and not the ugly thing named after him in Skylanders.
It's also not as dark or repetitive as the Legend of series and you didn't have to buy Spyro separately, giving wallets a sigh of relief. :roll:
A children's movie or TV show would also be in production based around it.

grainxs
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Apr 2014, 12:35 pm

I loved Spyro as a kid!

And the first 3 are still awesome! 1. is absolutely the most best ever! 2. Is great too, and to me it's the most nostalgic one. 3. is bit worse than the other two, but it aint bad either. But since then I find all Spyro's quite bad. :( Well, okay, The legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon seem s to be okay at least. But I haven't played it too much yet so I really can't tell.

So yeah, I love Spyro. But I'm mostly a nostalgic player.

the sonic fan 2002
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2023, 8:44 pm

I personally am fascinated by spyro games, my favorites are the classic trilogy, all the gba games except spyro orange the cortex conspiracy, spyro a hero's tail and the legend of spyro a new beginning, and the ones I hate the most are spyro shadow legacy and spyro orange the cortex conspiracy, I also like a bit of java mobile phone games

[url=dailymotion.com/thesonicfan2002]my dailymotion[/url]