Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 3:31 pm

I'm beginning to wonder what people are willing to do to win.

Recently I read an article about it that China sent to the Olympics, underage gymnastics, I've heard that the U.S. Olympic Committee, has filed a formal protest on the matter, but apparently U.S. President Barack Obama, also lied about his place of birth to be president.

My point is if everybody lie what the fuss? :D

Like my personal used to say "It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what" :-)

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 4:22 pm

Any statement that begins with, "apparently," is going to be of dubious credibility.

Certainly there are thick-witted naysayers who continue to disbelieve the evidence before them that the President of the United States was born in the place that he claims. But their disbelief is irrational.

As to whether or not the Chinese broke the rules with their gymnasts, that is certainly more credible than the "birther" controversy. But in the absence of evidence, what conclusions can we reasonably draw?

There are far better examples of cheaters (including one who is very prominent in the news this week) than these.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 4:39 pm

I believe Obama was born in the U.S. I also believe the Chinese send underage girls to the Olympics. However, as I was not present for the births of either Obama or the Chinese gymnastics team, I guess I can never be 100% sure.

I also believe the Chinese divers are on 'roids. Have you seen those "women"? 8O

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 5:17 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder what people are willing to do to win.

Recently I read an article about it that China sent to the Olympics, underage gymnastics, I've heard that the U.S. Olympic Committee, has filed a formal protest on the matter, but apparently U.S. President Barack Obama, also lied about his place of birth to be president.

Present the proof of that assertion. The proof should meet the standard that it would stand up in court.

ruveyn