Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 2:46 pm

I am trying to get a job at a bookstore.How old do you have to be,and what do you have to do to get the job?

-SpaceCase

atxa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2007, 3:36 pm

SpaceCase wrote:
I am trying to get a job at a bookstore.How old do you have to be,and what do you have to do to get the job?

I visited a lot of bookstores and the age of peoples who were working there varied between 17 to 50 and more ... A lot of them hadn't specific training.

You must like to read and you must had read a lot of books and like to share your passion about books.

You can also visit bookstores and talk with the peoples who work there or just look how they do.

Good luck !

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 7:00 pm

Volunteering at the Public Library will get you the work experience you need to get the bookstore job you want.

- Emerson

alex
Developer
Developer

02 Jan 2007, 8:54 pm

SpaceCase wrote:

-SpaceCase

15 or older at least

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2007, 3:37 am

Good job.

I volunteered at my high schools libary for experience and got a bookstore job for 6 months. It was great, there was always someone with an interesting philosophy or belief about. Those six monthis in the bookstore were some of the best.

sderenzi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jan 2007, 3:06 pm

Unfortunately you don't actually need to read the books in order to sell them. Infact I don't ever recall a bookstore employee talking to me about any book, ever! I go into the store, walk around, find a place I like, look at the descriptions, and never, ever... has an employee walked up an begun a conversation. They only talk to those people who address them, and ignore everybody else. I had one I liked once and she was making coffee, she was so sexy... grrr Anyway she was nice so I asked her out, she said "I have a boyfriend" even though she already finished telling me how she'd just moved there an was new to the area, lying beotch!

So yeah, bookstores don't take much to work for, the people that think that are nutso. I read alot + listened to alot of sci-fi books but nobody cares if you do that, they all want to hear "I've read all the same books as you".

Oh well :-Z