No 73%  73%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 44

chamthabo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2013, 8:12 am

Raziel wrote:
Raziel wrote:

I can hardly distinguish this (but I can still see it).
It's gray and purple for me.
How do you see it?

I see almost grey and little light blue at the center.

when I knew I have colour blindness by testing on internet, I didn't believe it. However, I started to talk about how I see the world with my family and I knew I see many things differently from others. That was how I truly accepted that I have colour blindness.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 8:22 am

this will be my final unsolicited post in this thread.

i wrote another colorizing program (very simple) this evening to test my discrimination of color in small incremental gradients.
there is a simple color palette system in foxpro that has 255 shades of red, green and blue with which can yield 1.625 million colors.

i can see the difference between these 2 shades of red.

i can also see clearly the dissimilarity between these 2 shades of green.

and as far as shades of blue are concerned, i expect that i will hit the smiley limit very shortly, therefore i will not post about blue (which would require an investigation in to "yellow" to be balanced).

i think i have adequate color vision.
i have often wondered how other people would react if they woke up in my brain and saw colors as i do. would they freak out, or breath a sigh of relief? i can never know the answer to that question.

what if i see green in the same way that another person sees what i would consider to be blue, and we have both been taught that the color we see is red, then we would reassure each other based upon entirely disconnected subjective sensations.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 8:50 am

Raziel wrote:
b9 wrote:
i can not complete the test. when i get to frame 18 the whole thing falls apart. i can easily see the numbers in the first 17 frames, but when i got to frame 18.....

I didn't get it either and left some empty.
It still said that I'm not colourblind, because I had most correct. :lol:

but honestly, all answers have to be answered in an unambiguous fashion.
i can not leave questions unanswered if they are asked of me.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 9:04 am

Raziel wrote:
b9 wrote:
i can not complete the test. when i get to frame 18 the whole thing falls apart. i can easily see the numbers in the first 17 frames, but when i got to frame 18.....

I didn't get it either and left some empty.
It still said that I'm not colourblind, because I had most correct. :lol:

i am not interested in a result which is not compiled from my effort.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 11:11 am

I've been tested for colour blindness twice and struggled with the tests both times. A little research has suggest it's to do with my optic nerve problems. That would explain why I was tested in the first place.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 11:12 am

In my country (where I come from) all the boys are tested for color blindness at high school. It's a very simple quick test like this Ishihara test. So, I have always known that I don't have color blindness. I just did this on-line test posted by someone and it said I don't have color blindness.

I have met quite a few color blind people. It seems to be common. Thinking about the personalities of those people, I don't see any correlation between the color blindness and personality (I mean whehter AS-like or not). Their personalities are from quiet to very outgoing.

There are some color patterns that only certain color blind people can see. So, I think this term "color blind" is a little misleading. It's more like different color vision.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 11:26 am

Wandering_Stranger wrote:
I've been tested for colour blindness twice and struggled with the tests both times. A little research has suggest it's to do with my optic nerve problems. That would explain why I was tested in the first place.

Did a doctor do a detailed examination and tell you that?

Nearly all cases of color blindness are due to mutations in the genes that determine the pigmentation in the photoreceptors found in the retinas. The rest are mainly the result of damage to those photoreceptors in the retina.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

29 Jan 2013, 11:43 am

I have mild color blindness (and multiple other perceptual problems in spite of the fact that I have 20/20 vision in both eyes) in my lazy eye but not the other eye. This has been documented by an optometrist.

Both I and my optometrist think it's because my left eye never developed properly, due to years of disuse. She thinks it's curable. I suppose this could happen, for other reasons, in both eyes.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 11:51 am

Rascal77s wrote:

EDIT: yep, it was the monitor, or maybe the computer. i think it skipped a bunch of questions. i was at a public library. now it shows that i am not colour blind!

Katherington
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2016, 11:00 am

I am far from being colored blind. I am the one who notices if two colors are one shade off, and is disappointed because of it.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2016, 11:52 am

My dad is colour-blind, but I don't think I am, or if I am that it's very mild. I can't tell the difference between the shades b9 posted. The test posted earlier in the thread said I have some form of red-green colour blindness, though I didn't understand some of the questions and thought they were asking for the number of lines when I was meant to say I saw nothing.