Can people really be narcissists or sociopaths when...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:31 am

...out of all the people they know or have ever known in their entire life, aspies or not, they only hate you?

And when they only want to bully or terrorize no one else but you?

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 10:54 am

I don't really think that sociopathy nececerrily has anything to do with "hate".
It has more to do with being emotionally extremly cold in the inside and many are very good actors to hide that.

BUT on the other hand not every person who does mean things or behaves unsocial is a sociopath. It doesn't work that easily.

I don't have that much knowledge about narcissm, but I believe that a lot of times it has to do more with grandious self worth than hate per se.

BUT I also know situations with uncontrollible anger and aggression.
A lot of times that's due to a mood dysregulation disorder I believe. In my case due to Bipolar, but just very very rare against other ppl. But in Borderline, a way more complex mood dysregulation disorder when it comes to social situations goes along very often with anger, aggression and so on in social situations. But also antisocial behaviour in general is possible.

BUT if it is just against one person, so I would try to talk to that person and figure out the exact reason so for it.
So, there doesn't have to be an underlying disorder, or a totally other one than you would have aspected.

Last edited by Raziel on 29 Jan 2013, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 11:08 am

Yeah but i was thinking about people who perform sociopathic deeds (in other words: seriously seriously screwing over, to the point it looks like they're sick in the head) against just one person that they've ever known while being normal to everyone else.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 11:13 am

Uprising wrote:
Yeah but i was thinking about people who perform sociopathic deeds (in other words: seriously seriously screwing over, to the point it looks like they're sick in the head) against just one person that they've ever known while being normal to everyone else.

hm, I can't answer you that, that easily.
Do you maybe have an example?

Are you asking out of couriosity or do you know behaviour like this out of real life or did it even happened to you? :?

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 11:26 am

Curiousity mainly.

I've never noticed this behaviour yet in real life so far, but I'm curious to know if certain people really ARE like that and about the type of people being victimized by them.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 12:03 pm

Well typical for ALL mental disorders (including ASD, ADHD and so on) is a certan behavioral pattern.

So if it's really just against one person and noone else my first guess wouldn't be sociopathy or narcissism.

There it is getting difficult and I don't think that's typical.

What I could think of as a POSSIBLE explenation is:
- paranoia there it could look like therrorizing another person, when it's in reality paranoia. But again here also the behavioural pattern would be missing. What's with other areas of life?

- psychosis believing the other person is pure evil and behaving bacause of this fact like this. But again, there you would also find other symptoms of psychosis

- borderline PD ppl with Borderline PD can suffer from extreme anger and rage that can get very extreme, but typical for this disorder is that the mood fluctuations are fast, so my experience with ppl with Borderline PD is, go them out of the way a certain time and they will calm down by themselfs in a short period of time in most cases. Also here you would find other symptoms who are typical for this disorder

- sociopathy and antisocial PD both are different disorders, but in both you would also find more antisocial behaviour and not just against one person. Also some sociopaths can be very sucsessfull sociopaths, but especially those are highly emotional cold and calculate every step they do.

- narcissism narcissism often goes along with antisocial behaviour, but very often due to a comorbidity like antisocial PD. Narcissism alone just hmeans extreme self worth, but some antisocial behaviour even without any comorbidity is "normal", but the behaviour you describe is far more than that it could be explained JUST through Narcissism.

- PTSD being traumaticed by a certain person CAN lead to huge agression and so on against that person, also against ppl that reminds you on that trauma and trigger a "flight or fight" warning, but in that case the behaviour would be because of high levels of anxiety or psychotic like behaviour that sometimes goes along with trauma and can "replace" the person mentally in the traumatic situation again. But also here you would find other trauma symptoms.

But other than that I can't think of an explenation for behaviour like this.
But I'm also not an expert in this area.