Anyone else got video game soundtrack listening obsession?

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2013, 3:41 pm

Everytime I turn on my PC I just go on youtube and play some old SNES game OST that I played years ago and surf the web at the same time, It's so relaxing, keeps my mood calm :roll:.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

Ohhh yeah, I have a whole playlist of music from video games or inspired by them. :) I even included a few from games I've never played just because they sound so cool, like an actual orchestra playing The Great Gianna Sisters theme and the eerie battle music from Sweet Home. When I listen to them I close my eyes and try to create my own pictures and "animation" to the music. Sometimes I even listen to them while on my exercise bike. :lol: I also have a CD of Kirby songs after buying the anniversary collection for the Wii, but I really wish I had a CD of songs from SMB or Sonic or the SSB series... I don't really listen to music while browsing on the internet or playing a game, however, it's too distracting to have them together.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 4:40 pm

Yeah, I listen to vg soundtracks occasionly.

Frank Klepacki (or whatever his name is) has some decent stuff out there, aswell as Plague, Sonic Mayhem and Rom Di Prisco.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 5:35 pm

Most of the time, I spend the time listening to the opening than actually playing the game XD.

Author/Writer

Cathe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jan 2013, 5:52 pm

I have a few game soundtracks on my iPod that I listen to all the time whilst i'm out.

A friend came to visit the other day and all we did was sit there for hours just listening to the final fantasy 7 soundtrack. It was brilliant!

Razgriz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2013, 6:21 pm

I love soundtrack music general. Games, movies, animes. whatever. Although right now Im listening to the menu music from the crysis 3 beta.

Inferno87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2013, 7:23 pm

Uprising wrote:
Frank Klepacki (or whatever his name is) has some decent stuff out there,

Frank Klepacki is a genius, used to love all this command & conquer music.

Yeah i like video game music. Anything really Sonic soundtracks, Mario soundtracks, pc games like the above mentioned c&c series.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:37 pm

Do I have a video game soundtrack listening obsession? You know it!!

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 10:56 pm

Dizzee wrote:
Everytime I turn on my PC I just go on youtube and play some old SNES game OST that I played years ago and surf the web at the same time, It's so relaxing, keeps my mood calm :roll:.

Guess what Iistened to all day at work? NES and SNES soundtracks! I got more than one WTF from older coworkers but its my new obsession.

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

I have a whole folder of tracks I recorded with various emulators and audio editors over a period of years (before everything was on youtube) and now I have a playlist there too.

I also bought the OST of FFVI, then complained bitterly that it sounds different from SNES because **** those guys for always trying to improve on perfection...

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2013, 6:32 am

Jeremy Soule is great and the opening to Final Fantasy Dissidia.

Listening to Video Game OST's always makes me think of the world in a perplexing way.

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 8:39 pm

Nobuo Uematsu! ; v ; <3

I never really get tired of listening to Final Fantasy music.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 9:23 pm

Why bother going to youtube when I can simply listen to them in compact files?

This is where I go for SNES music, and Zophar for the rest.

And I use this module for Foobar2000 to play most of the Synths.
The DUMB component within the same site allows for the playback of things like MOD, XM, and those other filed that were supposed to displace MIDI before MP3 came along and showed them all.

You may cry piracy, but without getting imports or sites like eBay involved, where am I going to reliably find this music in a nice format where I don't have to sort them myself and can set them to play indefinitely without having to hit repeat?

But back on track, I feel that Hiroki Kikuta is my favorite composer of video game music. You have to wonder what could have become had the SNES CD come to fruition.

Arkio
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 5:48 pm

I love to listen to soundtracks from video games that I don't even like. Video game music is just so much prettier than pop music.

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

I've made respective Grooveshark playlists of each track (in meticulous order) from Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I'll usually listen to them on a rotational basis with my classical and ambient playlists when doing homework or reading.

BlueBean
Raven
Raven

02 Feb 2013, 4:04 am

Most of the music I listen to lately is videogame soundtracks or remixes. They make for good background music.