National Autistic Society, Are they a Business or a Charity?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 5:20 am

being an ex service user of their support staff and a day centre am quitre biased but do know theyre a business as much as they try to hide it,theres a big reason why and much of their lower down staff are not agreed with it to.
in the out reach services for example, they will send the staff to the service users with the biggest most expensive [to them] contracts, so that if they are short staffed, there are people who may need a lot more support than the person with the full time contract but theyre left without the support because the higher up managers only give a sht about who brings in the most money.

have known support staff leave over it and its one of the reasons had left as well.
was recieving two to one support five days a week but the guy who got two to one support every day of the week got the support staff of mine when someone called in sick which happened a lot due to how money focused the service is.
and it isnt fair for others but other people lost out when staff were sick and mine were taken off them to.
a bad situation but the lower down staff-as in support staff, volunteers and lowest service managers shoudnt be bashed they are great.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Kolya
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2013, 7:41 am

I agree that the lower-level staff and low level managers also should not be bashed, I was one of them and my colleagues were all fine people - actually the best manager I've worked with ever was a guy Marcus, compassionate, loads of empathy but also professional and a lovely guy, but I can not say that for any of the administration nor the directors, they play games and with-hold information to benefit themselves and ensure profits are made - the same was with Outward though and the way of most charities now. It's a joke to call them charities in a way, I know armies that are probably more caring and charitable. Too much power, too much corruption, and as my father said this morning - show me a charity that is not corrupt in one way or another - we live in times of advantage taking and profiteering to the max. It's not acceptable and I am surpised it is accepted by so many. This makes me very angry.