How To Determine your height if you were the opposite sex

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Growlithe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Feb 2013, 9:32 pm

Note: This only works with the measurement of feet and inches. ex 5 ft 10

Here is how to figure out how tall you would be if you were the opposite sex.

1. First of all whatever country you live in, determine the average height of both males and females. Make sure it is in feet and inches. For instance, the average height of an american man and women are 5 ft 9 and 5 ft 4.

2. Next, find the difference in inches between the male and female height of your country. For instance, there is a 5 inch difference between 5 ft 9 and 5 ft 4.

3. If you are a male, take you height and subtract whatever inch difference you got. If you are a female, do the opposite and add. For instance, if I am a 5 ft 7 male, I would subtract 5 inches from my height. I would get 5 ft 2. That is how tall I would be if I were a girl.

This is only a rough estimate of how tall you would be.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 10:12 pm

Five foot nine, and five foot four for the USA?

Interesting.

Ive got a better idea.

Take those figures for the USA- calculate the RATIO- rather than the amount in inches.

Then you could apply that same ratio to any country, and to either metric, or imperial units.

That five inch difference is about seven percent. So women around the world are probably always about seven percent shorter than men. And men are always about 7 and one half percent taller than women on average in every country.

So if you're a lady just multiply your hieght by 1.075 to see how tall you would be if you were a guy. And guys just multiply your hieght by 0.93 to see how tall you would be if you were a gal. Doesnt matter which system you're using- centimeters - or inches.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

09 Feb 2013, 12:57 am

Growlithe wrote:
Note: This only works with the measurement of feet and inches. ex 5 ft 10

Here is how to figure out how tall you would be if you were the opposite sex.

1. First of all whatever country you live in, determine the average height of both males and females. Make sure it is in feet and inches. For instance, the average height of an american man and women are 5 ft 9 and 5 ft 4.

2. Next, find the difference in inches between the male and female height of your country. For instance, there is a 5 inch difference between 5 ft 9 and 5 ft 4.

3. If you are a male, take you height and subtract whatever inch difference you got. If you are a female, do the opposite and add. For instance, if I am a 5 ft 7 male, I would subtract 5 inches from my height. I would get 5 ft 2. That is how tall I would be if I were a girl.

This is only a rough estimate of how tall you would be.

6'2, USA. Would be 5'9 as a girl using both methods. 6'0 in heels. Wow, I am tall...

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 2:51 pm

I am currently 5'6, so I would be 5'11 as a guy. Kinda cool.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 3:41 pm

I am 5'2",so that would make me 5'7" if I was male. Nice!