How to revive my interest in dating/women?

Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 10:32 am

You know you've got a good thread when people have a separate argument in it :lol:

Wolf, I found the types of eople from PoF and OKC are indeed different. I'd say OKC is definitely more casual whereas PoF is somewhere between OKC and Match. The messages exchanged on PoF led to one hang out session with a student girl when I was living in Ireland a couple of years back. Nothing came of it though. Can't say I am one for casual sex and activity encounters, though. The old me would have done all that and to be fair I'm getting older now and would rather settle down with one person. But hey those sites try and cater for many people's needs and I respect other's needs are different from my own. I'll keep working on my profile and message the ladie now and again but from my own experiences I don't think I work very well with net dating every girl I've dated bar 1 has been through meeting locally off of a computer.

hartz I'm definitely in the right frame of mind to meet someone I'd say the problem is I haven't found a woman I've fallen for or gone smitten over in a while. I think users here helped me pinpoint some underlying causes in my lack of drive despite wanting all the thrills and spills of love and dating, and I'm gonna work on those. Love definitely comes when you don't expect it as cliche as it sounds.

sponge I have almost worked past all that now. It is a slight concern of mine still when talking to other girls in the group and so I distaned both mysef and my thoughts admittedly from them. But hey it's worth a shot right? I'll just introduce myself, talk to them and everyone as normal and see how it goes!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:03 am

Quote:
MCalavera wrote:
You tell 'em, Boo.

hyperlexian:
i am not sure what the purpose of that comment was, other than flaming or goading. whatever the case, it clarified for me that you are more interested in encouraging conflict and taking sides than having an objective discussion. so i don't have anything else to say to you about this.

He's my personal cheerleader, why are you jealous? :lol:

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:19 am

No, man. Cheerleaders don't do what I do. They just stand and cheer. I take action and fight some of the fights for others when necessary.

IrishTusk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Feb 2013, 12:23 pm

I definitely agree with the Job thing, I went on a date about 4 weeks ago with a pretty lassy I met in a party months before, I've been unemployed since mid December and I can honestly say I felt like a kid, I had to barrow ten pound just to make sure I could definitely pay for the date, which in total cost me 43 pound which is alot when your on the dole. But it's not just the Financial side, When am not working all I do is sit around the House or go to the gym, and occasionally meet up with people when I've the odd bit of cash, But in General being unemployed for me = Low self esteem, not much interest in dating as I hate being strapped for money and unable to just wisk the other person away, Not going out with friends half as much as I can't afford it and I just get depressed.

First goal for every one trying to get on the Dating scene again is Work. Admittedly I'm trying to get into College atm so hopeful Student will work as well as employeed

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 12:27 pm

MCalavera wrote:
No, man. Cheerleaders don't do what I do. They just stand and cheer. I take action and fight some of the fights for others when necessary.

Ahh, you're a cheerleader/paladin combo class :p

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 1:13 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Wolf, I found the types of eople from PoF and OKC are indeed different. I'd say OKC is definitely more casual whereas PoF is somewhere between OKC and Match. The messages exchanged on PoF led to one hang out session with a student girl when I was living in Ireland a couple of years back. Nothing came of it though. Can't say I am one for casual sex and activity encounters, though. The old me would have done all that and to be fair I'm getting older now and would rather settle down with one person. But hey those sites try and cater for many people's needs and I respect other's needs are different from my own. I'll keep working on my profile and message the ladie now and again but from my own experiences I don't think I work very well with net dating every girl I've dated bar 1 has been through meeting locally off of a computer.

Hmm I'm pretty sure there are relationship types on dating websites, they are most likely harder to find but they are around. I wouldn't really know much about match.com but it seems good for people willing or ready to get into a relationship and settle down, it sounds like you are at the stage now and people will most likely be looking for a relationship over a casual encounter. I can only speak from my experience on OkCupid and Plenty of Fish, it has been pretty good and once again, it's a matter of presentation and closing quickly.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 1:19 pm

IrishTusk wrote:
I definitely agree with the Job thing, I went on a date about 4 weeks ago with a pretty lassy I met in a party months before, I've been unemployed since mid December and I can honestly say I felt like a kid, I had to barrow ten pound just to make sure I could definitely pay for the date, which in total cost me 43 pound which is alot when your on the dole. But it's not just the Financial side, When am not working all I do is sit around the House or go to the gym, and occasionally meet up with people when I've the odd bit of cash, But in General being unemployed for me = Low self esteem, not much interest in dating as I hate being strapped for money and unable to just wisk the other person away, Not going out with friends half as much as I can't afford it and I just get depressed.

First goal for every one trying to get on the Dating scene again is Work. Admittedly I'm trying to get into College atm so hopeful Student will work as well as employeed

Plenty of things to do without money to be honest, take her to some gardens, castle grounds, an antique shop, a free museum or a book shop. You can make anything fun if you put enough effort into it. I took a few girls into the book shop and recited poetry to them and it seemed to work.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 3:05 pm

Getting fit will ramp up up sex drive
Skateboarding is teaching me many lessons ATM

I recently have been lucky to have met a muse
She has ignited the fire within

Intent intent intent!

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Feb 2013, 8:15 pm

periphery wrote:
You're really becoming quite cynical lately. What you get a few dates on okcupid and suddenly you're an expert? .....Aren't you still a virigin? You've got a few more levels before you get to expert buddy ;)

Thank you! :)

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Feb 2013, 8:48 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
hartz I'm definitely in the right frame of mind to meet someone I'd say the problem is I haven't found a woman I've fallen for or gone smitten over in a while. I think users here helped me pinpoint some underlying causes in my lack of drive despite wanting all the thrills and spills of love and dating, and I'm gonna work on those. Love definitely comes when you don't expect it as cliche as it sounds.

I'm glad that you understood my comment! Even though that same comment seems to have made some other people take issue with it.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:52 pm

I have no issue with your post, to be frank. I didn't support Boo against your post in particular (although I did clarify to hyperlexian some things concerning the exchange between you and Boo).

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm

No problem. I'm not sure what was wrong with your post but okay lol

Off topic:
Is donating to WP easy? Is it a one-off thing or can you donate on a regular basis?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Feb 2013, 9:42 pm

MCalavera wrote:
I have no issue with your post, to be frank. I didn't support Boo against your post in particular (although I did clarify to hyperlexian some things concerning the exchange between you and Boo).

I'm a little confused. There was no exchange between myself and Boo. I came back a little late to this thread.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 9:46 pm

You're right. It was just one response from him to your post.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Feb 2013, 9:51 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
No problem. I'm not sure what was wrong with your post but okay lol

Off topic:
Is donating to WP easy? Is it a one-off thing or can you donate on a regular basis?

Better ask Alex or one of the moderators about that one! :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 2:00 am

hartzofspace wrote:
MCalavera wrote:

I'm a little confused. There was no exchange between myself and Boo. I came back a little late to this thread.

The issue was not your post.