Don't Know 25%  25%  [ 28 ]
I am 17%  17%  [ 19 ]
I'm not 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 110

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 12:14 am

I think in general aspies are not very popular, there are always exceptions though. As for you, it sounds like your just around sh***y teens that thing there all that like to bully those that dont fit in. Aspies can make easy targets for bullies because we are socially awkward and we probably dont have a lotta friends (if at all). Aspies can hated upon and socially excluded for a multitude of reasons. It varies greatly on the person and there surroundings.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 12:36 am

I am. People interpret things I say or do innocently or unconsciously as terrible insults (as far as I can tell) and attack me. Hardly anyone ever gives me the benefit of the doubt. I've given up on being able to change it and just avoid people as much as I can, now.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 2:04 am

GnothiSeauton wrote:
Some envious/jealous types of people definitely despise me and my achievements and seek to diminish me. Luckily I still possess two middle fingers and two middle toes in addition to my prick (were I female I would have whatever ladies choose to call it). Social status is definitely my pet peeve and I never felt an urge to measure it against others'. Life is a beautiful mess and playing outside , or on it's fringes is enough for my sense of "self worth".
How people choose to perceive me is their own problem.

I couldn't agree more.