A big challenge I'm trying to overcome...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MovieCriticGamer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2013, 1:14 am

One of the biggest challenges I had to deal with my entire life is socializing with others. I've had trouble trying to make real friends instead of going on the PC all day and trying to keep doing what I usually do in the PC. (Chat rooms, Rps, etc.)

The reason why is that because I am usually paranoid sometimes about people who might be bullies or not bullies since I'm in High School as a freshman and I lack engaging in conversations with people who don't listen to me, ignore me, or even try to walk away from me, which pretty much puts me in a uptight mood that I do not express to others.

Another reason why is that I'm too shy and mostly uptight because I'm desperate to find friends who really stick with you and all but I'm sometimes impatient and I try my best to keep calm, relax and all but always keep thinking I'm failing no matter what and that no one ever talks to me but my family.

Also, I also sometimes get in an angry mood if something upsets me, scares me, or if anyone tries to joke around with me without me even finding out about it.

Most of those times if any of these scenarios should happen, I always feel desolated from others and I keep myself in my room where I use a PC most often if I can't try to socialize with others, though I get a few laughs from some others.

Anybody have any advice on what I should do or any other tips?

Thanks!

Your friendly movie critic gamer.

A light heart carries you through all the hard times.

muff
Toucan
Toucan

05 Mar 2013, 11:34 pm

try failing, thats what i would say. i dont notice you talking much about your personal experience with friendships falling apart. dont mistake me, i did not have a friend until i was in college. ive had plenty of friendship fails and successes since then though.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 8:08 am

At least you are willing to try, separating your self from many of the people here. And I do give you respect for that.

Myself personally, I've had to get rejected from a lot of social circles, until I found friends. And along the way, I've learned a lot of important social skills. And the mistakes I made were all lessons that bettered me.