Any advice on how to get started with things?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 12:21 pm

Does anyone have any advice on how to get started with things and how to stay focused? I'm very bad at getting started with things. Especially things I'm not interested in. I've got a biology test tomorrow morning (photosynthesis and plant physiology) and I've tried to study for hours now without getting anything done. I've even got a new mentor who's made me a study schedule but that doesn't help right now (well, it helps with getting an overview of things without getting as overwhelmed as usual but it doesn't help with getting started).

Any advice?

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm

rebbieh wrote:
Does anyone have any advice on how to get started with things and how to stay focused? I'm very bad at getting started with things. Especially things I'm not interested in. I've got a biology test tomorrow morning (photosynthesis and plant physiology) and I've tried to study for hours now without getting anything done. I've even got a new mentor who's made me a study schedule but that doesn't help right now (well, it helps with getting an overview of things without getting as overwhelmed as usual but it doesn't help with getting started).

Any advice?

perhaps you could try to reward yourself for each part you complete, and just tell yourself you are going to do it and give yourself a time to start and finish and say if you complete it you will get to do something you enjoy, maybe write it down in a table, thats what i do anyway. also take breaks