I have no other place to go but I'm so afraid

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

PhagitaChingita
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2013, 3:56 am

When I went into my freshman year of high school I was bullied so bad I switched schools. I'm going to be done with high school around April. Only it took me a extend period of time to finish it since I'm schooled differently and was having some trouble getting to school. From the beginning of 2012 to now. Having to face them again knowing that they graduated, knowing they got to have a normal high school experience, knowing that they didn't really reach out and ask why I left. I don't know if I'm really ready to face this. There's the chance I won't even have classes with them but just knowing that their in the same school with me I want to have a break down and scream "WHY."

It was so long ago I know but I guess what I'm most worried about is seeing them. Three years and I still haven't made any new friends because of the memories I have of the people that were once what I called my best friends. I want to tell them everything. I have had my chances with some of them yet I mange to screw that up.

When it boils down to it I'm afraid of screwing up in front of them and them seeing how much of a loser I am and seeing them so successful.

What do I do?

hblu1992
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2013, 10:09 am

I had a very similar situation when I was in high school.I was transfered to a program for people with ASDs and had no contact with my old friends for almost four years.I felt the same way and when I eventually was invited to a concert by an old friend I was nervous.What I didnt realize was that they didnt know why I left.I was around him for about 20 minutes before he brought it up and the explaination lasted two minutes.We went to the concert and everything was just like it was four years ago.
But yes it's going to be awkward for a minute if you see them and you will probably have to explain your absence but in my experiance people are usually satisfied with a simple,short awnser.As for the lack of communication I would just ignore it unless someone brings it up.