Yes- occasionally 31%  31%  [ 9 ]
Never 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Am male/NT/want to see the result 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 29

Mitsuki
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2013, 7:42 pm

Just wondering how I compare to other women with Aspergers.

paris75007
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2013, 9:52 pm

I find that deep pressure is very soothing...so I like being held. I don't like light touch, though. I've almost got my boyfriend trained...after a few minor snafus involving a flailing elbow to the face when he made the mistake of touching me when I was in sensory overload. I think he thought it would be comforting, but now he believes me when I say "Now is not a good time." :)

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

25 Feb 2013, 1:49 am

paris75007 wrote:
I find that deep pressure is very soothing...so I like being held. I don't like light touch, though. I've almost got my boyfriend trained...after a few minor snafus involving a flailing elbow to the face when he made the mistake of touching me when I was in sensory overload. I think he thought it would be comforting, but now he believes me when I say "Now is not a good time." :)

Ouch!

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 12:07 am

I do have this desire frequently, but I also have annoying female hormone outbursts frequently too. I just can't win.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 10:09 am

paris75007 wrote:

:) I like curling up next to my husband, and just shutting everything else out for a couple minutes. He's also good with the firm pressure, even if it's just pushing down on my shoulders when I'm stressed out.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 11:05 am

Being cuddled firmly and having my hair stroked/played with by a guy for whom I've got strong feelings (which, sadly, is pretty much any guy who I find attractive and who actually gives me the time of day - no wonder my handful of so-called "relationships" have been utter disasters... :oops: :(), is akin to what I'm guessing it must be like to be on drugs. As I've never tried "hard" stuff, I'd not know, but it's complete, almost debilitating bliss, for me. :D

~Steve Jobs

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 4:43 am

Only when I feel like it. I took the question literal thinking a man holding you like you are a child. They pick you off the ground and hold you in their arms as they stand there or walk. I have had that desire and I have gotten it. My husband can't do it anymore because of his feet.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Gita
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2013, 8:36 pm

I hate anyone touching me in any way, and have done so since infanthood. I am sure someone musthave "held" me at some stage, but I cannot remember. The thought of another person touching me is gross. I have had sex before, but most was coerced and when I was a young teen. No sex since 19. (am 54 now)

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 4:31 am

I liked being held by anybody, no gender preference. I also like hugging and other deep pressures, but prefer people who are not thin. Who'd want deep pressure from a skeleton like person?

When I was a child I demanded that everyone in my family (I was the youngest) lift me up at least once a day. :) My parents did that up to I was 11 or 12. My brother did it up to when I was 14 or 15 (He's a much bigger and stronger guy than my dad). I had some friends who would pick me up, as well as DH. One of my sons (the one who looks just like me) want to be picked up all the time, too. It's very lucky that we're both lightweight.

Draka
Raven
Raven

01 Mar 2013, 2:18 am

It's my favorite. I find it very comforting and calming. It's basically something I require in a relationship.

Vintagegirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2013, 10:01 am

Yes but only with someone special :)

glow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 7:45 pm

YES- if this happened to be a suburban choice of topic

Last edited by glow on 06 Mar 2013, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkSkies
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2013, 4:46 am

Yes , but only one person

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 9:45 pm

I hate being held by a man...it's the most awkward feeling ever. I don't like being held by them, I don't like being touched by them...basically, I try to stay several feet away from them when I can.

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2013, 2:34 am

I don't have any idea what it feels like, so not really.. it'd be nice to know, though.

dreamy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Apr 2013, 1:22 am

Yes, if I am interested in them romantically and know them well enough.

I have some sensory issues, and I have to give them feedback on what to do and not do, and when.