Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 12:16 am

Just because of the shows they like watching? For instance I watch Gummi Bears, Merlin, IronMan Armored Adventures, XMen, Gargoyles, etc. (One of my favorite tv channels is INSP)

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 12:22 am

When was much younger, I liked many shows for youngsters but didn't want people to make fun of me for being childish so I quit watching them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 2:11 am

When my wife was in the hospital, following her c section, I would watch Adult Swim cartoons late at night on the hospital room TV set. Even as an Aspie, I soon got the impression that I was being judged by what I was watching.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 2:14 am

Nothing wrong with watching "Adult Swim" lol

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 2:40 am

Keniichi wrote:
Nothing wrong with watching "Adult Swim" lol

Apparently, from the response I was getting, the hospital personal had thought otherwise.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 2:43 am

Just what is "Adult Swim"? I've heard the name/title, but that's as much as I know about it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 3:13 am

eric76 wrote:
Just what is "Adult Swim"? I've heard the name/title, but that's as much as I know about it.

It's prime time and late night Cartoon Network programing directed at a more adult audience. It has original programs on, such as The Venture Brothers, Robot Chicken (stop motion action), Megalocalypse, Tim & Erik Awesome Show (live actors), etc., as well as Fox cartoons like Family Guy, and The Cleveland Show. Some people hate Adult Swim for it's often surreal, twisted humor, while others (like myself and my wife) like it just for those reasons. So does our daughter (yes, I let my seven year old watch it - I know, boo, hiss). As I write this post, I'm watching one of the Robot Chicken G.I. Joe skits - pretty funny. :lol:

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 3:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
eric76 wrote:

It's prime time and late night Cartoon Network programing directed at a more adult audience. It has original programs on, such as The Venture Brothers, Robot Chicken (stop motion action), Megalocalypse, Tim & Erik Awesome Show (live actors), etc., as well as Fox cartoons like Family Guy, and The Cleveland Show. Some people hate Adult Swim for it's often surreal, twisted humor, while others (like myself and my wife) like it just for those reasons. So does our daughter (yes, I let my seven year old watch it - I know, boo, hiss). As I write this post, I'm watching one of the Robot Chicken G.I. Joe skits - pretty funny. :lol:

No wonder I haven't seen it. I tried looking for it a couple of times, but I expected it on one of the major networks (CBS, ABC, NBC, or Fox).

Now that I know where to look for it, I'll be sure and watch an episode or two to see if I might like it.

Thanks.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 3:47 am

eric76 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
eric76 wrote:

No wonder I haven't seen it. I tried looking for it a couple of times, but I expected it on one of the major networks (CBS, ABC, NBC, or Fox).

Now that I know where to look for it, I'll be sure and watch an episode or two to see if I might like it.

Thanks.

You're welcome. 8) Give it a try; you might like it.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 10:19 am

eric76 wrote:
When was much younger, I liked many shows for youngsters but didn't want people to make fun of me for being childish so I quit watching them.

I'm just the opposite. When I was younger I didn't watch cartoons or read comics for fear of what people might think.

In my early twenties I decided that I didn't give a damn about what people thought and became much happier!

I loves me some comic books and cartoons!! !! !!

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 1:46 pm

All the time. The only problem is that when I do watch something that's not childish, like say, SVU, then my mom tells me I shouldn't watch that because it's supposed to be for adults. So, then exactly what am I supposed to watch? Right now the only things I get away with is El Chavo which my dad especially likes, and Corona de Lagrimas and Por Ella Soy Eva because my mom finds them entertaining, although in the second one, the male protagonists dresses up as a woman.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 4:42 pm

There's nothing wrong with watching cartoons. We are still fully functional members of society wheather we wacth them or not. I'm reminded of a quote from Doctor Who (4th Doctor) when he was accused of being childish:

"What's the point of being growup if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Watch on! :)

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2013, 5:47 pm

Yeah I get some weird looks when I say one of my fave animated shows is Gargoyles! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. But yeah I have quite a few faves and some think I am childish for still liking them and still watching them and I am 27!

AS, OCD, ADHD - Diagnosed
PTSD - Undiagnosed
<"May the Gods have mercy on you for I shall show none...">

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 7:08 pm

HereBeDragons wrote:

"What's the point of being growup if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Watch on! :)

:D I used to catch Space Ghost, Coast to Coast whenever I could. The cartoons from about a decade ago on Cartoon Network seemed more tongue and cheek vs out and out rude.