Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LizNY
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Feb 2013, 11:00 am

My mom keeps telling me I should learn to let things not bother me so much. But I don't think she has any clue how difficult things are for me. I do NOT WANT things to bother me. Does anyone want that? I would love to just breeze through my days. No allergies. No sensory overload. No social anxiety or panic. I kno I've responded to similar posts, so I feel like I should already know my own answer. But how do you not let things bother you? For instance, rules not being followed? How to hide stress overload? How to prevent venting?

Camo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2013, 1:17 pm

I have good days and bad days... some days I can let slide the odd rule break... I can depending on my frame of mind just say sod it.. I don't care today !

It is annoying though when people tell you to not let something bother you when you wish you could not let it bother you but every fibre in your being wants to scream and slap the rule breaker to death.... they don't get how its generally not within your control to not be bothered !

Stu

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 1:45 pm

exactly people have no right to say what should bother you, being a person with a bad phobia i can vouch for the fact that peoples response to reactions they dont understand is to simply say to not let it effect you, its not that simple.

i can understand that people will not get my fear but they can at least respect the fact that its something that is difficult to live with and you cant just get over it.