Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 11:19 pm

I like ...well anything other then Sensory Sensitivity and Social awkwardness, i like my obsessions and focus on certain things. I also like that i get different advantages then others, i know it sounds bad but i like that i dont always get as much math homework (because i have Dyscaliculia and have meltdowns when doing math homework at home) and thats pretty much it.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 11:33 pm

I like that I can dive into topics.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 12:03 am

I seem to be able to focus on things/details more intensely and for a longer time than others. That's something I like about myself.

Also I have the habit of trying to be accurate whatever I do. I like that, too.

Although I don't know if these have anything to do with autism, I seem to be able to figure out logical things very well and tend to have quite good memory (probably because my focus is intense). I like these, too.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 12:04 am

I like that I am a lightning fast learner and beat "experts" at their own game sometimes. I'm taking an electrical course (with almost zero prior knowledge) and I am getting higher marks than skilled electricians! Every single person who teaches me says I am the single fastest learner they have ever met even if I'm slow to start.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

04 Mar 2013, 12:43 am

Oh, nothing in particular. I just like being myself. :)

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 1:53 am

No official diagnosis here, but...

I like being able to focus and perseverate on a topic. My intense focus causes problems sometimes, sure, but it's also one of my strongest attributes.
I like having a good memory. I also like freaking people out with what I can remember. :D
I like the fact that I can teach myself new skills
I like the fact that I am almost never bored. I can keep myself amused by almost anything--even the texture of the sidewalk, or the ants crawling along between the cracks.
I like being able to notice the little things.

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 3:50 am

FishStickNick wrote:

I like being able to focus and perseverate on a topic. My intense focus causes problems sometimes, sure, but it's also one of my strongest attributes.
I like having a good memory. I also like freaking people out with what I can remember. :D
I like the fact that I am almost never bored. I can keep myself amused by almost anything--even the texture of the sidewalk, or the ants crawling along between the cracks.

Ditto to all of this.

Plus I like the deep enjoyment I get from sunsets, good flavours, beautiful music, etc.

Nesf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2013, 4:11 am

BlackSabre7 wrote:
FishStickNick wrote:

Ditto to all of this.

Plus I like the deep enjoyment I get from sunsets, good flavours, beautiful music, etc.

Yes - snap!! These are the things I like about having AS plus good attention to detail and critical thought, independent thought not subject to social or peer pressure.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 6:35 am

I like my attention to detail, my ability to hyperfocus, my obsessive interest in topics like psychopharmacology, my unique way of seeing things, my good observational skills, my wide field of vision, my neurodiversity and I think my high IQ comes with my AS to some extent.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 6:45 am

Nesf wrote:
BlackSabre7 wrote:
FishStickNick wrote:

Ditto to all of this.

Yes - snap!! These are the things I like about having AS plus good attention to detail and critical thought, independent thought not subject to social or peer pressure.

Wow! I can agree with all of these. Probably some of these are the reasons why some people think I'm weird, too.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 7:06 am

It's harder for me to live compared to the average bear.

I'd rather know difficulty than ease.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 7:26 am

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
I like ...well anything other then Sensory Sensitivity and Social awkwardness.
I agree that sensory sensitivities can be difficault, but you can use them to your advantage.Many aspies for instance enjoy deep pressure. And having a sensitive taste means that you can enjoy the foods that you like on a deeper level.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 7:27 am

My Special Interests
My intense focus
I see the world in a unique way
My creativity
My ability to be alone for long periods of time
I have a stronger sense of personality than most people
My unusual accent compared to that of the area that I grew up and my family
My obsession with peas and their colour
I know what's right for me
My androgynous appearance, especially my face
I don't allow myself to be constricted by the Gender Binary
I have a mind of my own
My happy place, also known as The 1960s
My unusual taste in music
My good work ethic
My energy

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 8:06 am

i like how it is spelled.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 8:09 am

I like the attention to detail and focus.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 8:17 am

I like being passionate. Passion to me is everything in life, sadly my only real complaint with aspergers is that people without it tend to lack it.