Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

kizzykat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2013, 8:32 pm

I get so far and then it gets overwhelming and i have to stop now i'm finding it hard to go back to even though i really want to write it but when i do its to much information in my mind which means i have that many things i want to write and i try and get it all wrote down but it just gets to much is there anything i can do that would help so i can write this book before it drives me nuts and i give up all together xx

Im unofficial diagnosis 144 out of 200

OnPorpoise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2013, 9:02 pm

kizzykat wrote:
I get so far and then it gets overwhelming and i have to stop now i'm finding it hard to go back to even though i really want to write it...

It's easy to feel overwhelmed. Maybe if you broke it down into smaller tasks? First, write a one paragraph outline of your book, the bare bones of your story. Then expand it to a few paragraphs. Then do an outline. An outline can always be changed as you're writing, but it acts as a road map, making sure you're on target with what you're writing. That it follows a logical progression and has a beginning, middle, and end. Don't be afraid to change it though, just like a detour when you plan a road trip.

Once you stop, the longer you stay away from writing, the harder it is to get back. The best advice I know is to write a little bit every day. Even if it's only 15 minutes. And allow yourself to write badly. A first draft will always need polishing. If you concentrate too much on writing perfect sentences and perfect paragraphs, you'll seize up.

Just saw you have four children. No wonder you're overwhelmed! It must be hard to find time to write. Congrats on even starting.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 9:38 pm

I've started plenty of things, only to stop. Some of my literary efforts I've gone back to for continued work, while others, I have not. I've come to the conclusion that, it's better not to stop work, or at least, don't stop work for too long.
Good luck, and keep pounding that keyboard! 8)

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

kizzykat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2013, 9:39 pm

Thank you so much I will try that x I do it at night as I'm not a great sleeper :) x my kids are great we have a great routine and then when they go to bed I do my own thing then took a while to get the hang of but go there two of my kids are diagnosed that's how I found out and the book is really about explaining what it was like growning up with out knowing and then the great realization of finding out through my oldest son and it hit like a brick wall but explained so much about me and I was 20 something when I found that i was an aspie x I won't get a diagnosis though because my mum told me because there is a social worker involve that they would take my kids away from me but I definitely am an aspie xx sorry rabbling on a bit there but thank you so much for a solution x

kizzykat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2013, 9:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I've started plenty of things, only to stop. Some of my literary efforts I've gone back to for continued work, while others, I have not. I've come to the conclusion that, it's better not to stop work, or at least, don't stop work for too long.
Good luck, and keep pounding that keyboard! 8)

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

thank you for your reply xx I won't I need to keep focused or I'll never get it done , which I do with a lot of things as well but I really want to get this done x