Restlessness - any solution?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ScottC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2013, 12:59 am

Anyone have any healthy ways to deal with restlessness? Don't have many friends to hangout with, video games make me feel burnt out, I can't concentrate on reading, lately I've been jogging around to calm down but my feet are starting to hurt...wishing I could just calm down at night.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

12 Mar 2013, 5:12 am

Came to this post hoping someone had posted a solution. I'm having similar problems. I find getting lost in a new project related to my special interest keeps me content for awhile but eventually my restlessness gets to that too and it's left unfinished :/ The only thing I can find to soothe my restlessness right now is casual games (I'm usually more of a hardcore gamer) and lots of TV shows which I watch online. Also, cleaning my house :/ Sorry I can't be of much help I look forward to seeing if anyone actually posts anything to address this problem we have.

ScottC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2013, 9:54 pm

hey tsproggy....some people have recommended to me to do meditation. exercise is ok but I obviously can't run 24 hours a day...meditation would be easier. still working on it...sometimes I can enjoy reading a book for an hour or just taking care of household work when i'm in the restful state.

A therapist person I'm going to meet is going to try to form a "spectrum" group in my city...would be nice to talk about these issues with people, but I guess we are not the most social bunch so not sure this group will work or not if its not around a "special interest".

i'm in a jogging club and it feels great just to be around people outside of work who know who i am without blowing ourselves up in a bar...but not too much conversation at these sports meetups.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2013, 4:41 am

I'd probably do great at meditation since I'm a visual person, yea, the only thing that I currently do that seems to help is programming (when I have inspiration) and hiking. Must be nice to at least have your sports group who acknowledge your existance and your therapist, I can't afford one of those. I wish you luck!

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 1:11 am

I either read, get online or do needlework.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 7:31 pm

Medication

Medication

Drugs

Alcohol

Sleep

Crochet

Read book

Journal

Tanner7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Sep 2019, 5:33 pm

Try taking L-Theanine. They say it helps relaxing, focusing, and sleeping.

Oculus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2019, 1:05 am

I can usually alleviate restlessness by accomplishing something. It doesn't have to be anything too important or difficult, just a task which I can complete. Like loading the dishwasher, or putting clean dishes away. Sometimes taking a shower helps.

Getting too little sleep makes life hard. I hope you find a solution.