Anyone in or around the bear community?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pancakemayonnaise
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Mar 2013, 6:23 pm

I'm just wondering if there happens to be anyone that's a bear/cub/otter/etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_(gay_culture)

I'm asexual aromantic, but I feel like I identify somewhat with members of this community.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 10:36 pm

i'm just an old giraffe myself. :oops:

turtleprince
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Mar 2013, 12:26 pm

I'm an otter. Scritches on my beard and chest make me happy.

Ca2MgFe5Si8O22OH2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2013, 7:44 am

I'm a bear/cub, pretty much.

Conversion Disorder, General/Social Anxiety Disorder, Major Depression

pancakemayonnaise
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2013, 10:43 am

Umm... cool.

I don't really know how to continue this...?

tincupuma
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Apr 2013, 6:41 pm

I don't personally identify with that community (nor know anyone in it as I live in a small rural town right now) but I definiteley would fit the description. :lol:

tincupuma
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2013, 11:55 pm

I found some bears and finally have a boyfreind (he's a bear) i know a bit more about the community now so if you have any questions i might be able to help.

Aspendos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Aug 2013, 7:30 am

I fit the criteria of a bear, but don't identify with that scene at all. I am only able to connect on an intellectual level, while bear admirers tend to be into manual labourers, truck drivers and the like. Every now and then get hit on online for casual sex, which is not what I'm interested in, but I haven't found anyone in this scene yet that I'm able to have a meaningful conversation with. I could probably deal with just having sex if we could dispense with talking altogether, but if they open their mouths I lose all interest. Few days ago a guy sent me a PM on a dating site asking if I was three times as hairy as Sean Connery - and that's all he was interested in before proposing sex. My question if he was three times as intelligent as Stephen Hawking remained unanswered.

saxifraga
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2013, 4:41 pm

Woof!
hello bears.
Bisexual Aspie Hetero-married Monogamous ADHD & OCD Bear here.
(i should put that on a business card) :)

Some select immediate family im not yet out to but otherwise out, that includes work.
not too involved in the local bear scene anymore however the dallas pride parade is something
my wife and i never miss. takes me a month to get myself up to going and most years that is the
only real "public" activity i do. even then maybe four or five hours in the bear bar along the parade
route is enough "public" for me and we head home.

CharityFunDay
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 5:15 pm

I'm a bear (big, broad, muscly, hairy down the front) but have never taken part in that subculture because it doesn't really interest me -- too many stereotypical expectations involved.

saxifraga
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2013, 5:21 pm

CharityFunDay wrote:
I'm a bear (big, broad, muscly, hairy down the front) but have never taken part in that subculture because it doesn't really interest me -- too many stereotypical expectations involved.

no doubt, im a big ol bearded bear myself, ill save us all the rant about how clique-ish the bear scene has become. Sad how the group of misfits has become the biggest mess of nitpicky queens around. I will say tho, for the parade, the bear bar is the most fun and the front patio is right by the judges tables for the parade so its a primo place to view. personally speaking, im not a chaser of bears despite being one myself. its all about the individual as a person altho, twinks are not my thing.

johninoz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2013, 11:22 pm

I hope there are!

I kinda identify with bears, and have found a few gay bear Aspies in Sydney, which is refreshing- as unfortunately a lot of our bears (Sydney Australia) tend to be obese b*****s (not butches) with nothing interesting to say...

CharityFunDay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2013, 12:29 am

My only bearish tendency is a distinct preference for partners who are smaller and cuddlier than me. And even that's not a rule, as most of my partners have not been along those lines (although I prefer it when they are, and can be cuddled on a father-son basis (God that sounds dodgy, but I mean it neutrally).

saxifraga
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Nov 2013, 10:49 am

CharityFunDay wrote:
My only bearish tendency is a distinct preference for partners who are smaller and cuddlier than me. And even that's not a rule, as most of my partners have not been along those lines (although I prefer it when they are, and can be cuddled on a father-son basis (God that sounds dodgy, but I mean it neutrally).

Not dodgy, at least not to any bears reading this, we get it. I'm six'four" tall and 300 lbs so next to me just about everyone is cuddly sized. :)

For any bears in the dallas tx area, you can follow Dallas Bears on twitter, a social/civic group involved in charity work, the bear bar is TMC located in the heart of the gayborhood, and for those with a bent for leather Dallas Eagle is the bar for you.

GreyMatter
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Dec 2013, 2:51 pm

Haha, I love these "critter" communities. I am an otter myself, which someone had to point out to me, but I now cherish that label and community. Woof!

musician_enigma
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2013, 6:35 pm

I'm a bulky, rugged, stocky, moderately hairy all over (and only getting hairier) man, with a thickening moustache and facial hair scruff (as close as I'll ever allow myself to clean shaven... someday I grow a full beard). I more than qualify, but I don't self identify as a bear nor do I actively participate in any sort of community given my "lone wolf" individualistic tendencies (unless I truly felt a sense of belonging).

Although, due to the fact that I absolutely love facial hair/body hair (most important for me, above ANY/EVERY other physical trait), bearish men are more often my type. About my size/height is perfect, but I've been attracted to shorter, short, taller, chubby, skinny, muscular, old, much older. It's a person-by-person combination of things... with those two traits as a requirement (there are some exceptions).