Should I stay or should I go?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 11:58 pm

Time to write the feelings out. This one girl in my life does confuse me a lot. I don't know why I waste time, but there is the chance I overanalyze alot. I am sure I write this down, I will come back with a clear head and the solution will come much easier tomorrow.

This one girl I met with this group of friends seems to have taken a liking to me. She has a boyfriend, she breaks up with boyfriend and we sleep together. She gets back together with boyfriend, leaving me feeling kind of stupid especially since I gave up another girl I liked because I had stronger feelings for her. I try to leave her and the group behind, she talks sense into me and we continue on as friends. Now stupidly enough, we sleep again while she still has boyfriend. Big mistake, but for some reason I don't feel as guilty.

There is also another friend in the group whom she is close to as well, but is adamant that the two have never kissed or been together, despite the fact they travelled to Toronto together a couple of weeks ago. The guy is pretty much "her new best friend" as she calls him. The way they interact with eachother suggests that the two are definitely emotionally connected beyond what she feels for me.

As we cleared the air on Thursday, this much was revealed and really added to the confusion. She is only playing with me, but yet she does have feelings for me and fed me BS about how if this was two years ago, we would be in a relationship. She mentioned that she is slowly moving on with her life and may be dumping her boyfriend eventually. I don't care about that right now. She did say she spent a lot of time with me in group meetups recently and is worried about leaving the other guy friend feeling lonely, which to me indicates that she is possibly more concerned about his feelings than mine.

I was up early for a rare saturday shift at work today. I went out with the group again tonight and I saw her and the other guy come close to kissing right in front of me. I was already tired and saying goodbye to the group and heading home. Another person in the group saw this as I did and dragged me away from them. I think it's clear that others in the group see the emotional connection that they might have together as well.

The advantage I have over him is that I am more assertive. However, the advantage he has is that he hides his feelings better. When in the group, she refuses to even kiss me on the cheek. When I am around, he doesn't give her as tight a hug as when I am not around as she tells me. Am I thinking right here? Is she in love with him, or is she too confused about what she really wants? The way she interacts with him in front of me indicates that she cares more for him. When it comes to getting home, she is too torn between who to take a ride home from since me and the other guy drive.

BTW- she also indicated that she doesn't want to play with the feelings of anyone. But it seems she is too confused about what she wants

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:07 am

oh good god.. RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN.
The worst words that can come out of a woman's mouth: "I'm confused".

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:25 am

uwmonkdm wrote:
oh good god.. RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN.
The worst words that can come out of a woman's mouth: "I'm confused".

Yeah, it's almost a guarantee that the guy she says that to is the guy she won't pick to be with. That is for sure.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:29 am

It doesn't matter. I feel bad for whoever she ends up with.
Just let it go, she's a lost confused little girl who can't get her story straight.
She's lying, she's trying to make everyone happy and it will never work.
This is a common thing I see everywhere, and have experienced too many times.
Leave, and don't look back.

If she looks to you to save her from someone or herself, she will do the same to you and some other poor shmuck when you're no longer the shiny new toy

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:36 am

uwmonkdm wrote:
Just let it go, she's a lost confused little girl who can't get her story straight.

If she looks to you to save her from someone or herself, she will do the same to you and some other poor shmuck when you're no longer the shiny new toy

The concern I have is the group of friends. I think the group of friends do want both of us around too and are going to have to pick which friend to keep and which one to throw away. I don't really have any other friends to hang out with at this time. I throw them away, and I have no options for a the time being.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:42 am

aspiemike wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:

The concern I have is the group of friends. I think the group of friends do want both of us around too and are going to have to pick which friend to keep and which one to throw away. I don't really have any other friends to hang out with at this time. I throw them away, and I have no options for a the time being.

Do whatever you want friend-wise, just don't pursue this girl or you will be shooting yourself in the foot.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:42 am

uwmonkdm wrote:

All of this including:

Quote:
oh good god.. RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN

Don't be the "Fallback guy" I'm reading this book called "Mr. Unavailable and the fallback girl" You can apply the same ideas to your situation. You are the "Fallback guy". She's emotionally unavailable. She doesn't want to be with you but she wants to keep the door open so to speak so that she'll always have someone to come back to or fall back on when it doesn't work out with the other guy. You'll be there for a shag or whatever. Close the door! I think I told you this before?? Not sure, I know I told someone on the forum to close the door. When she comes knocking, don't answer.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:45 am

IlovemyAspie wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:

All of this including:

Quote:

Don't be the "Fallback guy" I'm reading this book called "Mr. Unavailable and the fallback girl" You can apply the same ideas to your situation. You are the "Fallback guy". She's emotionally unavailable. She doesn't want to be with you but she wants to keep the door open so to speak so that she'll always have someone to come back to or fall back on when it doesn't work out with the other guy. You'll be there for a shag or whatever. Close the door! I think I told you this before?? Not sure, I know I told someone on the forum to close the door. When she comes knocking, don't answer.

I decide to delete her off Facebook... Hopefully she'll get the hint.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:53 am

aspiemike wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:

All of this including:

Quote:

I decide to delete her off Facebook... Hopefully she'll get the hint.

Be strong young padawan, and may the force be with you.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:55 am

[quote="IlovemyAspie"]
Be strong young padawan, and may the force be with you.[/quote

Yes, I contacted a friend in the group and told her of that decision as well. Just need to see what happens there now.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:58 am

If you go back on this decision, they've all got your balls in their back pocket.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 12:59 am

uwmonkdm wrote:
If you go back on this decision, they've all got your balls in their back pocket.

Then I guess all of them are now thrown away if you put it that way.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 1:03 am

And now, a word from our sponsor.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMaE6toi4mk[/youtube]

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 1:05 am

aspiemike wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:

Then I guess all of them are now thrown away if you put it that way.

I wouldn't know; I avoid situations like this, and I don't have a "group of friends". I prefer one on one interaction.
If you lose these friends because of the drama she will create (and I'm guessing she will), then you have learned to keep your dick in your pants.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 1:06 am

redrobin62 wrote:
And now, a word from our sponsor.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMaE6toi4mk[/youtube]

Lol, I was thinking of that since the second I saw the thread title, but I figured I might as well actually help out because this situation strikes every nerve in my body :?

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 1:56 am

I think it's always easier to give advice, than actually heeding it.

If you can, and have the courage, do run. It's messy. It's going to cause pain, either way.

If you stay, we will be here to comfort you if needed.

That's the best advice I can give, being realistic.