Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 11:12 pm

So I've just spent the last four hours arguing with someone who claims that DHS is buying three thousand strike vehicles (To turn on the US public) and stockpiling billions of rounds of ammunition. He made tons of ridiculous claims, I'm not gonna bother to copy them all down, but every time I asked him who his source was, he linked to Infowars.

Now, I did a bit of independent research. Those "strike vehicles" were actually replacement chassis for minesweeping vehicles, and the order was commissioned by the USMC, not DHS. The billions of rounds of ammo was, in fact, 174,000 JHP rounds commissioned by the SSA, for their field law enforcement officers. They broke down the size of each shipment to each office in each city, and they never exceeded 10000 rounds in a single location, those big ones going to large cities, such as New York and Philly. There was no connection to DHS, but somehow Infowars gets away with it without any real sources. All I had to do was google it to find the transcripts of the purchases on the websites of their respective agencies. I also took the liberty of watching youtube clips of this Alex Jones guy... clearly a paranoid schizophrenic.

Now, aside from a tendency towards conspiracy theory, my friend that I was arguing with is a smart guy. Yet, he takes this site as the word of God, it seems. I tried demonstrating the odd fact that all of these stories seem to have originated at Infowars or other radical sites, they rarely presented sources, they twisted their stories to fit what they wanted to say. I tried presenting facts. I tried Snopes. Nothing worked. Nothing. Everything lead to another conspiracy.

Why do people think like this? It seems that they don't require evidence to draw conclusion, and that trying to be rational or methodical just ticks them off. Why does this mindset seem to be so common? I just don't get it.

Sosiologismus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2013, 11:38 pm

I think it's just like with conservatism and religion. Conservatism and people following that ideology considers what aready exists as absolute and as unquestionable. Religion has the same way of thinking with the religious ideology and its content. For example, a conservative trait is to respect and accept the person who is above you in rank, not because he is an excellent human being, but because he just is above you in rank. The religious follows the God in the same way, even though there are many reasons why it's not that simple and that he or she may be wrong in doing so. I think it's a way of people to feel that they have control and to relax, you don't question everything and you just "follow" the stream, in this case the internet page. People like to be ruled, it's a human trait. They may be very stubborn about it, to feel and take advantage of the possibility to have an answer to everything and to be inferior to rules and social movements, or they may just be lazy.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 11:48 pm

You didn't do independent research, you got information from the mouth of the corrupt, or their news sources.

I've been watching Alex Jones for a long time, and he along with Gerald Celente have predicted many of the things that are now happening.

If you believe the government has your best interest in mind, when they just passed a bill to allow all your food to be GMO; you've got a rude awakening coming.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 12:57 am

Blatant fearmongering.

Apologies, this is a reupload as the original was marked private, but even Anonymous is accusing him of pushing BS.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1-TXUUqHJY[/youtube]

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 3:21 am

I keep hearing this stuff over and over on the survivalist forum I'm on. My best guess is that the two wars in what GI's affectionately call The Sandbox severely depleted our military of materiel, and they're on a crash course to rebuild as soon as possible. Think of all the vehicles that were shredded by roadside bombs. They must have used billions of bullets, yes with a B. I once read that for every bullet that killed a "hajji", 250,000 were fired! Adds up quick. I for one don't want to be surprised by North Korea or Iran, with our butts still in a sling from the Sandbox Follies and totally unprepared. Alex Jones is full of brown stuff. He mixes in a few truths, but by the time you find the diamond, you really don't care because you're covered in cow feces.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 2:33 am

uwmonkdm wrote:
You didn't do independent research, you got information from the mouth of the corrupt, or their news sources.

I've been watching Alex Jones for a long time, and he along with Gerald Celente have predicted many of the things that are now happening.

If you believe the government has your best interest in mind, when they just passed a bill to allow all your food to be GMO; you've got a rude awakening coming.

What predictions exactly are exclusive to Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorists only that ended up being fulfilled?

Not blindly agreeing with the government does not mean believing blindly what a ret*d like Alex Jones says.

black008
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Apr 2013, 6:42 am

I would avoid Alex Jones. I realize that you may be interested in learning more about him, however I have followed him for years. He has nothing of value other than to catering to the fears of people who are unwilling to consider other possible conclusions. I have seem over the years him predict silly things like that Arnold Schwarzenegger would be president in 2008. That these so called "worldliers" want to take your guns. It is complete nonsense. Alex just wants to sell books and videos. He usually use the news media to say they are operated by secret groups and yet uses them to prove his own lunatic points. Ask yourself where is the evidence? There are more guns in America than ever before, to have some kind conspiracy as this would require some many people's involvement that it would be impossible for the whole to be public. Alex is completely wrong on building 7 of the World Trade Center. The reason is he only shows videos of that building that appears to have nothing wrong with it. Look the videos on the internet that show all sides of the building you can see how a building like this would have crumbled if you look out it from all sides. Also Alex uses a lot of 50 50 predictions, which he then manipulates into what his listeners are wanting to hear. His listener are people who have many problems in life and want something to blame. So listen to Alex with a ear of skepticism. If what he says is true he would have been eliminated by the people who he tries to make the public fear. I do have my on theory, which is just to be taken as a joke. What better way to find out how many nuts are in your country by putting up a site that is baited by a host to gather information on possible trouble makers. I am just joking. However, that makes more sense than any of the other manure this Alex Jones is spreading.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 8:39 am

MCalavera wrote:
What predictions exactly are exclusive to Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorists only that ended up being fulfilled?

Whilst no fan of Alex Jones, I prefer Jeff Rense, via which I learnt from inside whistle blowers that the Globalist bankers were about to bring around an economic collapse in order for them to fleece even more money from us via increased debt, the ultimate aim being a Global single currency with them therefore controlling the whole world.

This was a full year before the first signs of the current depression, before the sub-primes and the withholdal of credit, so I sold my endowment policy, cashed in my ISAs and put the money into buying physical Gold and Silver at £300 and £3 an ounce respectively.

You will of course ridicule what I have written, just as the people at my work were initially ridiculing me, this doesn't change the fact however that I have hugely multiplied my savings from what I read on such "conspiracy theorist" sites, thank you very much indeed. :D

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 9:19 am

Check out the production of Black Helicopters and the establishment of FEMA detention camps.

ruveyn

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 9:26 am

fueledbycoffee wrote:
The billions of rounds of ammo was, in fact, 174,000 JHP rounds commissioned by the SSA, for their field law enforcement officers. .

The Social Security Administration? I guess for their guards who greet citizens all day at the Social Security office. Most likely a plan to gun down people as they become eligible for benefits. It should save the government a ton of money. One bullet, versus $1000 per month for one's remaining life. It's a no-brainer.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 9:29 am

Actually the SSA employs actual law enforcement officers, to investigate social security fraud. They are real police, and they carry real guns.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 9:58 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
fueledbycoffee wrote:
The billions of rounds of ammo was, in fact, 174,000 JHP rounds commissioned by the SSA, for their field law enforcement officers. .

The Social Security Administration? I guess for their guards who greet citizens all day at the Social Security office. Most likely a plan to gun down people as they become eligible for benefits. It should save the government a ton of money. One bullet, versus $1000 per month for one's remaining life. It's a no-brainer.

I have been collecting for 12 years, as have hundreds of millions of others. This is nonsense.

ruveyn

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 11:22 am

ruveyn wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
fueledbycoffee wrote:

I have been collecting for 12 years, as have hundreds of millions of others. This is nonsense.

ruveyn

Congratulations on having dodged the bullet. Note: as mentioned above, they only bought 174,000 bullets. That's not enough to take care of everyone who is eligible for benefits. They're barely making a dent.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 3:47 pm

I've listened to Alex Jones a few times. Too much paranoia and conspiracy stuff.

Yes, the government probably is buying a lot of ammo, but last I've checked they typically use ammo for law enforcement and defence, so that shouldn't be surprising. I've also heard that law enforcement tend to use hollow points because they are less likely to go through the intended target and hit someone else.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Apr 2013, 5:54 pm

uwmonkdm wrote:

Oh no! The government is making our food cheaper and more plentiful! What will we do?! !??

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 7:20 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:

Oh no! The government is making our food cheaper and more plentiful! What will we do?! !??

We are doomed!