Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

nortier
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Mar 2013, 10:28 am

Regardless of whether one might find it productive to do so, do you have experience with self tracking, and specifically doing so with your autism in mind?

I'm very interested and active with self tracking, and I'm curious to see if anybody on the spectrum has tips for me.

Thanks!

charlottez
Raven
Raven

31 Mar 2013, 11:59 am

By self tracking, do you mean tracking specific behaviors you engage in?

For years I used to track the behavior of others using calendars. It helped me see patterns and try to figure out what was going on with them (or with the relationship).

As far as tracking my own behaviors, I've done that when dieting and housekeeping.

nortier
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Apr 2013, 3:47 am

charlottez wrote:
By self tracking, do you mean tracking specific behaviors you engage in?

For years I used to track the behavior of others using calendars. It helped me see patterns and try to figure out what was going on with them (or with the relationship).

As far as tracking my own behaviors, I've done that when dieting and housekeeping.

Hi Charlottez, that's a great idea, actually. (Sorry, I've been quite ill during the past month, that's why I haven't been online). I remember that, back when I was in therapy, I talked to my therapist about something like this. I found it very difficult to deal with certain people's facial expressions, and putting their patterns on paper wouldn't been a great idea.

I do mean tracking specific behavior that concern me. Tracking sleep and wake time, work schedule, etc. I know there's a lot out there about the subject, but it's a bit difficult to get a sense of what everybody is really saying.

WarmAir
Raven
Raven

22 Apr 2013, 8:16 pm

I log down all the foods I eat during the day along with their amount, meal and meal time.

SPtread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2013, 9:48 pm

I keep track of how many miles I have ran in 2013 and when I have lifted weights.