uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 10:01 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:
You can't have one? Your profile says you're 32... are you living in an Amish commune? I'm confused.

he's 14

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp5182029.html#5182029

Why is a 14 year old even asking such a question?
I'm not going to read every post he's made to find his age, I just read this;

you went to that much trouble to grab a screenshot to show me where you got his age, but you could not be bothered to go back and read through 8 other posts? :lol:

Why would I have read his other posts? Am I psychic now?

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 10:08 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
This is the One Night Stand that I want to make for myself one of these days, mainly because it's a hilarious piece of functional art furniture.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 10:43 pm

^^^ My thoughts exactly! :D

Combat table - gimme'! !

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 10:46 pm

The difference between a one night stand and a relationship are the degree of commitment. Sometimes we're in the mood for something one night, but wouldn't want it every day.

IMO, if two people's intentions are the same, it's fair game.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 2:01 am

uwmonkdm wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:
You can't have one? Your profile says you're 32... are you living in an Amish commune? I'm confused.

he's 14

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp5182029.html#5182029

Why is a 14 year old even asking such a question?
I'm not going to read every post he's made to find his age, I just read this;

you went to that much trouble to grab a screenshot to show me where you got his age, but you could not be bothered to go back and read through 8 other posts? :lol:

Why would I have read his other posts? Am I psychic now?

you said you were confused, so i posted his actual age and a link to the post where he said it. you would not need to be psychic to read his age in an older post, seeing as how he declared it quite publicly. it would just require reading skills. anyway, you didn't have to go and find out yourself because i went and found it for you. at no point did i tell you that you should have gone and found it yourself. :D

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 10:50 am

As for furniture, I'd go with something that depicts an appropriate taste in decor... :D

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 11:17 am

I would probably never engage in a one night stand. I just can't have sex with someone I am not emotionally connected to, no matter how ogod looking that person may be.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 5:54 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
I would probably never engage in a one night stand. I just can't have sex with someone I am not emotionally connected to, no matter how ogod looking that person may be.

I said the same thing many years ago; I'd imagine that I'd lose it to someone special and that one night stands were "bad". I lost my virginity in a one-night stand (shortly before my 21. birthday) and can't remember the girl's name, though...

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 7:56 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

I said the same thing many years ago; I'd imagine that I'd lose it to someone special and that one night stands were "bad". I lost my virginity in a one-night stand (shortly before my 21. birthday) and can't remember the girl's name, though...

I lost mine in a one night stand as well. Worst sex I have had thus far. :roll:

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 8:24 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:

I am with you 100% on this.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 9:55 pm

Shatbat wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Of course there are people in purely sexual relationships, and others with no romance & frequent sex, etc etc - I never said anything to the contrary. :? :? There are 7 Billion+ people on this planet and an extremely broad variety of relationship types, beliefs, sexual preferences etc etc.

I said 99.99% of the time people act romantic towards another because they're sexually attracted to them and ultimately desire sex with them because it's true, IMO. What other reason would someone be romantic to another in their language, behaviours, actions & gestures and so forth?

Because such language, actions and gestures feel good in their own right, and help make an special connection with someone. Those people I mentioned earlier, some of them miss being in a romantic relationship even though they have someone who meets their sexual needs. Although I wonder whether a romantic relationship can exist without sex or at least some sexual tension and feelings, even if that was the case, there is more to it than that.

There are asexuals in romantic relationships with one another. Clearly such things do exist in their own right, without any need or desire for sex, that is still romantic.
Why people have trouble getting the idea of love and romantic without sex is beyond me. Plenty are happy to accept the existence of sex without love or romance.

If such a thing were true people would not bother giving each other gifts and such when they are already having sex with said person - they are already having sex with them, and they know they will continue to do so therefore giving things to the other or doing things for them will not really affect that arrangement. Technically it is unnecessary. Which means they are doing it for other reasons than to get sex or to continue having sex.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 10:31 pm

This is me being a one night stand

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 10:35 pm

MXH wrote:
This is me being a one night stand

The most fun Halloween ever for me... The first price winner at that party and a well deserved one :)

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2013, 11:30 pm

Be careful. That babe who is available for the one-night stand may be looking for a sperm donor.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

02 Apr 2013, 11:36 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:

What would you say to someone who is incapable of making emotional connections, like that part of the brain is gone? Are one-night stands wrong in that case?

AnarChrist
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2013, 10:05 am

First off to be addressed: I am as of to-day 15. I ask such questions merely because that is what I ponder. I don't care about swag or what-not. I think about things beyond my age simply because I do. I listed thirty-two probably to exclude prejudice toward my age; I cannot recall.
I, personally, never intend nor want to have a one night stand. I wanted to know "y'all's" thoughts on the subject.
Yes, a romantic relationship can and most definitely does exist outside of sexual relations, especially so with unmarried Christians which I am one. My sense of morality is very strict regarding sexual relations amongst many other things.