Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 6:13 pm

You're all invited to a big ass Aspie bash! (it's like a sci-fi convention with better food and beer)

The Square Peg Social Club, a socializing and support groups for people on the autism spectrum (and the generally awkward) is turning 5 this month, and we're celebrating the milestone with a birthday bash on the North end of Capitol Hill in Seattle. Co-foundes Mark and I will be preparing an Italian feast, with an optional potluck component to provide a little bit of everything food wise, as well as a selection of soft and hard beverages. There may even be cake... (There is no charge for attending, and bringing something for the potluck is appreciated but completely optional)

If you're new to the area and want to meet other local Aspies, newly diagnosed and looking for support, or even a longtime member of the group who's never made it out to one of the meetings, this is the place to start. The fun starts on Saturday April 13th at 7pm, with further details supplied on the meetup site for the group, http://www.meetup.com/Squarepegs/ . Membership is completely free, and once you sign up you'll be able to see the addresses and schedules for all of our different events and meetings. For the Seattle meeting, I'd recommend showing up a little bit early if you're driving, as parking can be a little tricky in the area, and there are a limited number of spaces available at the site.

Feel free to PM me here with any questions you may have.

Hope to see you there!

drewski56
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2013, 12:17 am

I will be there. Been trying to get myself to go all year, this will be the one. Trying to decide if I should take the long walk from the ferry or ride the Vespa...

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 4:31 pm

Western Washington Aspie; that would be me! I think I'd like to check it out if I can make it. Thank you for organizing! :D

[Edit]: You may want to post this somewhere more public, it was a long time before I saw this and it doesn't seem like people check this subforum for updates as often as some of the others.

ossa
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2013, 10:25 am

That seems fun. I might try to make it after work. It would be nice to meet up with some other people on the spectrum.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 1:08 am

ThetaIn3D wrote:
[Edit]: You may want to post this somewhere more public, it was a long time before I saw this and it doesn't seem like people check this subforum for updates as often as some of the others.

I just bumped my announcement in the new members forum, I had to get permission to double post in the first place, and don't want to spam the forum too much. There's also the matter of not biting off more than I can chew... :lol:

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 1:30 am

Dox47 wrote:
ThetaIn3D wrote:

I just bumped my announcement in the new members forum, I had to get permission to double post in the first place, and don't want to spam the forum too much. There's also the matter of not biting off more than I can chew... :lol:

Well, good on ya! You won't regret it I think. Will hopefully meet some people this Saturday!

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 1:38 pm

Bump!

AinsleyHarte
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2013, 3:23 am

I'm sad I only found out about it last night and had no way to make it down today! I hope everyone had fun. It would have been great to meet some new people, so hopefully I'll be able to pull myself together and make it to one soon.

Aspie score: 180 / 200 - NT score: 25 / 200
Aloof: 112 / Rigid: 109 / Pragmatic: 117
AQ: 47

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

14 Apr 2013, 3:33 am

Crap, why didn't I know about this? It was on my birthday! D'oh!

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

AinsleyHarte
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2013, 3:38 am

equestriatola wrote:
Crap, why didn't I know about this? It was on my birthday! D'oh!

Happy birthday!

Aspie score: 180 / 200 - NT score: 25 / 200
Aloof: 112 / Rigid: 109 / Pragmatic: 117
AQ: 47

SPtread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2013, 7:05 am

Hope everyone had a good time.

I'll make it to an event eventually. Been a busy month.

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 1:45 am

I went! Good people there, I was glad I did. Highly recommended and would go again. :D