Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 1:52 pm

Is hearing loss reversible?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 2:47 pm

It probably depends on what kind of hearing loss it is, what caused it, and the degree of it.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 2:56 pm

The type of hearing loss I am reffering is listening too an mp3 player

CBRVA83
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2013, 3:05 pm

Jamesy wrote:
The type of hearing loss I am reffering is listening too an mp3 player

If you turned up the volume on your mp3 player too loud, that would've caused you to have hearing loss!

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 4:42 pm

Having no qualifications whatsoever in medical matters, I rarely let that stop me from voicing opinions. With that caveat: I have read that hearing loss brought on my an infection or something may be reversible; loss caused by things like exposure to loud sounds is both cumulative and not reversible. Take that with about a pound of salt, though. :wink:

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 4:42 pm

Having no qualifications whatsoever in medical matters, I rarely let that stop me from voicing opinions. With that caveat: I have read that hearing loss brought on my an infection or something may be reversible; loss caused by things like exposure to loud sounds is both cumulative and not reversible. Take that with about a pound of salt, though. :wink:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 10:12 pm

I've been to concerts that were so loud and I was so near to the speakers that I really couldn't hear anything that was at a normal level for hours afterwards. The entire rest of the night everybody would have to YELL WHEN TALKING TO ME and I'd have to turn the car stereo up REALLY LOUD on the way home. It was better the next day.

I wouldn't think that you have damaged anything too much. Stop listening to it that loud for a few days and see how that works out.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com