Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 2:41 pm

What are the rules of the game, what it's really all about?

I know that this game comes from the Polish game called Palant, had brought to America by Polish immigrants, which modified the rules so that was baseball was born.

I don't knew Rules of Palant either despite i'm Polish.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 5:32 pm

That could take a long answer. Better to read about the rules on web page devoted to that specific topic.

Try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_rules

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 2:35 am

One thing I have to say in defense of baseball, which even here in the US seems to have taken a backseat to Football and Basketball and many call it boring or slow, I still think its a much better designed game because it isn't timed. Sure that sometimes results in long games but it makes the games fair. If a team is down by a significant amount of runs late in the game, they still have a chance to come back if they play well or the other team starts playing poorly. Other games you end up with stalling tactics, like in basketball when players run down their shot clock before taking the shot to reduce the chance of the other team getting any significant time with the ball to score points. Eventually those games, unless its a back and forth close match, reach a point where there is a clear winner with no chance of comeback likely. Baseball, you have to get your outs to end the game you can't just get a lead and then wait out the other team.