Do you recognize members by Name or Avitar?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you recognize members by Name or Avitar?
I recognize members mainly by their Avitar 56%  56%  [ 29 ]
I recognize members manily by their Name 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
I recognize members by both Name and Avitar 35%  35%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 52

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 5:27 pm

Most of the times avatar. I can only remember the names of posters with short names.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 6:01 pm

I am going to admit to something...the only reason I have an avatar is so I can quickly figure out where I left off when reading really long threads. Otherwise, I don't pay much attention to avatars, except ones that attract my attention.

I was thinking of changing mine, but now realize maybe I shouldn't because some people may not recognize me. I had no idea my avatar would be associated with "me."

I do worry that I have a recognizable writing style because there are some people from my internet past that I'd like to steer clear of, and I'm afraid they'll read what I wrote and recognize me right away. It's not like I have deep dark secrets to hide. It's more that I don't want any repeat occurrences. Though now that I type this, I realize I could be talking to people I "know" right now and not even know it!

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 6:19 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
It's easy to recognize Perfectly Dark Tails. NO ONE ELSE writes with large purple letters like that.

Heh... Yes the text is an aid to help myself and others to differentiate content and identity I guess...

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 6:29 pm

Avatars certainly help me recognize people immediately. However, some people share the same avatar and I have misidentified posters before because I didn't bother to look at the username. Also quite a few people keep changing their avatars and I fail to recognize them sometimes.