Have you made the someone of the opposite gender feel weird?

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

LittlePenguin22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2013, 7:01 pm

I have a twisted sense of humor and I know that unnerves some people, but I don't count that. The only time I really remember creeping out a guy was about a year and a half ago. We had been seeing each other for about 2 months, things were going well until December 23. This story is a little NSFW so I'll spare the details, but the awkwardness of this definitely merits a telling. I was sitting on his couch and I was cramping like a b*tch, really all I wanted to do was take a huge pain pill and go to sleep, BUT I had been persuaded to start something and I felt like I had to finish, but the pain was so bad that I couldn't concentrate. So to help me concentrate, I started to hum to take my mind off of my cramps. So awkward level #1--humming during. That's odd enough, but I'm an overachiever. So I intended to hum "Pomp and Circumstance" for some odd reason, but what came out was....the Wedding March. The two start off so similarly to me and they sound alike (to me) and I didn't even realize I had the wrong song until it was too late. This man had just gotten divorced 6 months prior, we had only been together a short time, so yeah. He didn't say anything until after he had dropped me off at my place and left, via text (pansy ass). I tried to explain, but the explanation is weird too, so it just kind of exploded. What made it worse to me was that on the ride home he didn't say anything. He acted just as normal as ever, so knowing what was actually going on in his head really upset me more than the breakup. I don't know why.

supguysfriedchicken
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2013, 3:24 am

All I have to do to creep someone out is inhale and exhale oxygen. :lol:

AQ Test 43/50

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 3:59 am

Have I?

Most of the people I hang out right now refer to me as a person that pays quite a lot of attention to anything you may have to say and actually remembers it months after as a good thing(Ive been making a point to hang around people that actually want me around)

Up until not too long ago this was described as:
Creepy/weird/whatever

Obviously you shouldnt care about what others have to say right? and having the memory to remember tiny details when they dont? that
is just annoying so I had to have some hidden motives...

USAF99
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2013, 9:59 pm

I am an undiagnosed aspie and I feel like I creep out members of the opposite sex all the time. I've been told I stare. I'm not aware if I am or not. Unfortunately this has lead to nasty comments, ugly looks and me feeling as if I creep out every woman on the planet except for my wife. (That's a WHOLE 'nother story.) :(

jwfess
Raven
Raven

10 May 2013, 10:24 pm

Sometimes when I talk I use hand gestures to explain things. I've seen a couple women flinch and back up when I do so, as if I'm about to backhand them!

LittlePenguin22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2013, 11:00 pm

jwfess wrote:
Sometimes when I talk I use hand gestures to explain things. I've seen a couple women flinch and back up when I do so, as if I'm about to backhand them!

That's because too many of us have been smacked around by a**hats and it has made us paranoid. The other day, my bf, who has never been violent towards me in any way, and I were in the kitchen cooking (ok, I was stirring, he was cooking, I get points for trying.) and there was a knife laying by us on the counter. He wanted me to close my eyes and I couldn't do it because I was terrified he was going to do something to me or pretend to do something to me with the knife because in the past I dated guys like that. I wouldn't close them until i had the knife in my hand. He wanted to give me a kiss. I felt like a dick.