Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Draco1987
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Apr 2013, 6:16 am

My personal definition is when you don't feel attracted to either sex physically. Ex: i don't really care to do girls or guys

Also separate but related,would the hormones of your biological sex have any impact? Ex: testosterone making you feel physically attracted to a woman?

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 7:52 pm

Asexual means not feeling sexual desire or attraction.

Gender Neutral or agender refers to gender identity, and means that you don't identify with any genders. It has nothing to do with sexual identity.

Draco1987
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 May 2013, 3:42 am

thank you for the clarification i am still struggling to figure out exactly who i am.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 5:02 pm

Quote:
Also separate but related,would the hormones of your biological sex have any impact? Ex: testosterone making you feel physically attracted to a woman?

Well, with regards to testosterone specifically, low testosterone usually causes erectile dysfunction and sometimes (but not always) reduced sexual desire.

However, an asexual guy who can get an erection is unlikely to have low testosterone. (Note that having an erection doesn't necessarily indicate sexual arousal, since erections can happen spontaneously without any accompanying emotional experience - eg 'morning wood'.)