Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

musin379
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2013, 11:14 am

This being my first post, so I figured I'd give a little background about me and what led me to this site.

As a 24 year old male, I've had difficulty making friends all my life. I still struggle with making lasting relationships. I was diagnosed with ADHD in first grade, and have had chronic depression, since I can remember. When I was younger, I thought it was normal for everyone to feel as I do. With my depression, I have suicidal idealization. Besides a brief stint of therapy in college, I've managed to deal with it on my own. Unfortunately, in doing so I numbed myself more than I already was... I started taking anti-depressants and ADHD medicine in early 2011 and still continue today. ...Long story short, I had a breakdown on New Years Eve 2012, and began cognitive therapy soon after.

After seeing my therapist today, and diving into the darker side of myself, they mentioned that I may have AS. To better understand AS, I read the Wikipedia page (which led me here.) As I read, I was able to relate to a lot of the symptoms (lack of empathy, poor social skills, understanding emotion but not being able to display it in a "socially accepting" way, dysgraphia, incoherent speech, insomnia/poor sleep quality, speaking in technical terms, physical clumsiness (let's just say I was usually last to be picked for sports), and ADHD and depression as mentioned above.

As I have never been officially diagnosed, I will soon be seeking professional testing. With the potential of having AS, I hope to learn more about myself and others here. Ultimately, I wish to better understand and embrace who I am.

- musin379

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 11:24 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 1:25 pm

Greetings and welcome to WP!

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 1:49 pm

here's to self-knowledge. welcome to WP.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 2:08 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)