Extreme cruelty proven in Jodi Arias' case

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 5:38 pm

The verdict just came down in the aggravation phase of Jodi's case--extreme cruelty was proven, which means that she is one step closer to the death penalty. Sentencing is tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

What say you about this case?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 5:47 pm

I've heard about this case. With all her lying and everything, she seems like a sociopath.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 6:00 pm

... wait and see ...

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 9:43 pm

DarkRain wrote:
The verdict just came down in the aggravation phase of Jodi's case--extreme cruelty was proven, which means that she is one step closer to the death penalty. Sentencing is tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

What say you about this case?

It's unfortunate the trial took so long. Based on the content of the text messages, and the percived camera-friendly defendant, this trial just became tabloid fodder.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 1:17 am

I understand she's one of those Borderline Personality Disorder... witches.
If I seem unsympathetic toward women with that mental disorder, it's because I had been jerked around by one such ex girlfriend in my past with BPD. Such persons can sniff out Aspies and other naive individuals. In this case, Arias did more than take this poor man's money. Then she sought to destroy his good name when he was no longer around to defend himself.
Sorry for the rant.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 12:12 am

It was proven that she brought several containers of gasoline to his house.

I wonder why she did not burn the house down and destroy the evidence.

It would seem she was planning to.

Sylkat

manav95
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 May 2013, 9:08 am

this is bad

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 9:18 am

manav95 wrote:
this is bad

Why? If she's guilty, she's guilty. Unless, of course, you believe her story that she was a battered woman despite all the evidence to the contrary.

I don't believe that there should be a death penalty generally but that's a separate issue.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 4:30 pm

I am sick, disgusted, and just plain nauseated by Americans' sensationalizing this garbage, just like they did with O.J. and Anna Nicole and Casey may-she-get-cancer-and-die Anthony! I know the justice system, which is male-dominated, are biased towards women, and want to much easier on them for murder than they would a man. They want to keep living in a fairy-tale world where no woman would ever murder someone, that all women are sweet and soft and delicate, and are the cooks and maids and caretakers of society. Also men don't feel as emotional when it's a child who was killed because they lack "maternal instincts" that woman have, it's like they have no feelings at all. Screw the US, screw their media and screw the justice system!! ! :evil:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 5:39 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I am sick, disgusted, and just plain nauseated by Americans' sensationalizing ... Screw the US, screw their media and screw the justice system!! ! :evil:

Yeah, we're nothing like the British (The Sun), the French (le Closer), the Spanish (Hola), or even the Canadians (Canadian Tabloid).

Yessiree! Us Yanks shore nuff do gots a monopoly on sensationalism!

:roll: ... not ...

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 7:35 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I am sick, disgusted, and just plain nauseated by Americans' sensationalizing

Wait, are you upset she is (going to be) sentenced to death, that she had a lengthy trial by jury, or that she was tried in the first place?

No state or country is perfect, but the media coverage really is beyond the trial court's control.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 9:00 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
... Also men don't feel as emotional when it's a child who was killed because they lack "maternal instincts" that woman have, it's like they have no feelings at all ...:

I call misandry.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 5:33 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I am sick, disgusted, and just plain nauseated by Americans' sensationalizing this garbage, just like they did with O.J. and Anna Nicole and Casey may-she-get-cancer-and-die Anthony! I know the justice system, which is male-dominated, are biased towards women, and want to much easier on them for murder than they would a man. They want to keep living in a fairy-tale world where no woman would ever murder someone, that all women are sweet and soft and delicate, and are the cooks and maids and caretakers of society. Also men don't feel as emotional when it's a child who was killed because they lack "maternal instincts" that woman have, it's like they have no feelings at all. Screw the US, screw their media and screw the justice system!! ! :evil:

Well yes, we Americans are absolutely horrible! Canada has it right and there is not one bit of gender bias up there. Nope, not one bit. Ever.

WTF

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com