Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Xlexa
Raven
Raven

18 May 2013, 9:11 pm

Stripping and autism doesn't go together, and I had the job for 2 weeks so I think I know more about the industry than say most people. The first week I made a little over $300 for 3 days of work (I bank on the fact that I was new and beautiful). I was so proud of myself, and I was so happy, and I truly felt like I found something good. The second week, I made absolutely 0, and I decided to quit right then and there when I couldn't get one private dance on a Friday night. The pay isn't steady, and that freaks me out because I am coming from so far. It's 50 miles away, and I am going on a bus, so I want to make at least $30 or something, but nothing... for 3 days in a row was too much. If I live in the area, it would be okay though.
I had to be semi-homeless just to work there because of the commute was so awful.

I was rejected by more guys I want to count, and they were disgusting, fat, or just plain out ugly, and the rejections add up which felt like daggers to my self-esteem after it hits 11 p.m. I know I am not ugly... it's just my personality isn't good for this career. I thought I had it though, and I tried to make small talk but whatever I said sounded generic or fake.... like scripted lines... I don't engage in drugs, drink, or party either. All the guys want extras, and I'm not going to do that either.

I truly feel like I lost all sense of sexuality, since I think I am too "innocent" for this job. But I love the first week, and I know there's a Chinese line that goes, "Don't miss what you had, just be grateful you had it" That's how I am going to take the first week, since I felt really wonderful that week... I truly love the job, but only if I can make money.

I can always go back for the job, so I know in my heart that the job is there waiting for me whenever I want it. I don't think I am going to go back to it for a while, since I am hoping for another real job comes along. I was so proud of myself because I felt like I belong to an industry that rewards beauty....

But for now, I am going to try out the local joint that doesn't pay that well, just because that job was so amazing though. I just have mix feelings about this whole thing though, since one week can be awesome and the next can suck.... but it's not worth my commute for breaking a little over minimum wage. A 5 hr shift and coming home with 200 is great, but when you add the commute time... not worth it

this job is like gambling.... hit or miss. but if you hit, you make big, but if you miss, you lose time.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 1:15 am

I would imagine the girls who earn the most money are social masters who know how to turn on and tease the boys "just right". We with autism/aspergers seem far more... robotic. (Not a turn-on for most who are expecting the socialite cheerleader type...)

Xlexa
Raven
Raven

19 May 2013, 1:37 am

BlueMax wrote:
I would imagine the girls who earn the most money are social masters who know how to turn on and tease the boys "just right". We with autism/aspergers seem far more... robotic. (Not a turn-on for most who are expecting the socialite cheerleader type...)

I wouldn't call them girls (most of them are 20-35, with a high percentage of 21-24... but the higher earning ones are 26-30), or the customers boys (the only clients worth talking to is 40+ if fat, and 55+ if average).

The nastiest girls who been there for more than 6 months make the most money (rubbing themselves on the stage/extras), and then the nastiest-looking girls make the most money after that (who probably do extras). I have too much "pride" to rub myself on stage, and I feel awkward even touching a guy's shoulder, but I do force myself.

And my conversational skills suck so bad, I'm like, "How are you? What brings you here? You look good, you look cute, you have nice eyes, what's your nationality", and then if we talk I gravitate to old movies from the 30-50s, or old music, or books, or something like that.... I just don't have the guts to start talking nasty.

I went there trying to be like Scarlet O'Hara (I watch a youtube video tribute before I went to work), and that's why I did so well on the first week I think, but the customers aren't looking for that (especially Detroit)... they just want a nasty girl who is good enough looking with their eyes close. Anyone who is skinny, white, and under 40 years old could make it at my club if they are nasty... which I learn.

I don't want to brag, but I easily had the best looking face there (and when I saw their faces under sunlight.... whoa, they age like 5-10 years). But that means nothing. A dancer even told me, "It's not about looks, it's about hustling, you'll make it"

I think I could make money, but not right now.... I need to lose another 15 lbs, and I need to get the "nasty" look to fit in. I'm just debating if it's worth trying again. If I could make at least 600 bucks a week, then it's worth it, but if I can't then no it's not. But it's not worth it for the price of an STD, so I am just going to forget this whole thing probably... it's not my type of crowd. I feel like I am from another century trying to fit in with some modern girls lol, like an old woman who regain her youth/beauty. I am like washing my hands or wiping it with alcohol every 20 minutes lol after touching a door knob....

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 5:39 am

I never tried stripping because I wouldn't want to get naked and I can't/won't dance. I don't even think I ever thought about all the problems I would have had with the social part of it.

Once at a bar a stripper from the stripper bar down the street suggested I go and try working there. I'm glad I never did since that bar later got in trouble and lost their liquor license for showing too much and also had a nude juice bar upstairs that got closed down for prostitution. Also my cousin went there which would have been awkward.

Once a friend and I both went and applied at one of those "lingerie modeling" places and they never called either one of us back.

Xlexa
Raven
Raven

19 May 2013, 1:02 pm

hanyo wrote:
I never tried stripping because I wouldn't want to get naked and I can't/won't dance. I don't even think I ever thought about all the problems I would have had with the social part of it.

Once at a bar a stripper from the stripper bar down the street suggested I go and try working there. I'm glad I never did since that bar later got in trouble and lost their liquor license for showing too much and also had a nude juice bar upstairs that got closed down for prostitution. Also my cousin went there which would have been awkward.

Once a friend and I both went and applied at one of those "lingerie modeling" places and they never called either one of us back.

Dancing is not the most important skill, it's not even needed. At my club, nudity isn't allowed, and the only way to make money are the private dances.

What happens in the private dance room stays in the private dance room.

backagain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2013, 10:55 pm

The strippers I knew 20 plus years ago would think what you made was nothing. Those girls made $300 a night on a bad night. The kind of money you are talking about is even less than what I used to make waiting tables in regular restaurants or bars. Get a waitress job, much less sleaze to deal with.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 11:31 pm

I would think that an aspie would do better in a full nude club, since you could make money on stage work.

mfs1013
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2013, 4:37 am

I have crazy thoughts about becoming a strip club DJ, BUT as an aspie, I would suck on knowing good innuendo introductions to stripper names, and the music selection is different from the EDM scene (unless I find a strip club where a majority of the strippers would dance to EDM instead of hip hop, Mötley Crüe, or Def Leppord)

#playsomethingdancey

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mfs1013

http://soundcloud.com/DJMFS
http://mixcloud.com/DJMFS

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 8:42 pm

I don't think an autistic could fit in.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 9:17 pm

They want to see girls all winky, wiggly and seductive... not mechanically removing clothing like they were going to bed. That takes a special hyper-social skill... allure and seduction... not something aspies are usually known for. ;)

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 9:23 pm

Especially in front of someone you do not love.

Xlexa
Raven
Raven

22 May 2013, 9:38 pm

Well I went back and made $60 in 5 hrs... which sucks, but it's better than nothing I suppose. If I get any tips it's because of my face, and because I engage with someone at the right time. Forget the pole dancing part, I haven't receive anything at that. Just private dances.

I'm asexual, and I can't fall in love with anyone really. I have no friends, and you would think someone with this career would... The only reason why I am doing this job because it makes me feel special and pretty kind of like in a Memoir of a Geisha type way, but other than that... it's just a low-life job. I just have too much pride to go to McDonalds... or local superstore or whatever that I am willing to do this job too.

I'm so close to donating my blood plasma though.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 10:38 pm

You don't have any nude clubs in your town?

I would think that would be easier since you can make tips on stage work.

Xlexa
Raven
Raven

22 May 2013, 11:18 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
You don't have any nude clubs in your town?

I would think that would be easier since you can make tips on stage work.

No. My state doesn't allow it. I don't really want to do that either.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 2:29 am

Stripping is a weird business, and varies tremendously from area to area. Here in Seattle, we had a long moratorium on new clubs, so the existing ones were able to collude to increase their stage fees up to $130 a night, and hire way too many girls in order to boost the number of said fees they were getting per night, at the expense of the girls who were now fighting for less customers each in order to make their nut for the night. Lead to clubs here not being a lot of fun, you can't drink, and the constant pressure from the girls to buy dances was aggravating. Also, with so many girls, they'd only give them one song on stage per rotation, so you never really saw and good moves, just generic stripper tease stuff.

Now I was just down in Portland for a bachelor party, and down there they can serve alcohol and have a multitude of clubs, so there is enough competition amongst the clubs to hire talent that they can't get exorbitant in their stage fees, and they don't want their girls chasing their customers away by being overly aggressive. The girls their seemed to make the majority of their money off the stage shows, their was some private dancing going on, but not nearly as much as in the Seattle clubs, and the girls seemed to spend most of their down time drinking at the bar. They also go three songs per rotation, starting out in a bra and panties and ending up nude by song three, and I saw a lot more actually impressive routines and pole tricks. It seemed like the girls were actually taking some pride in their work, and the audience was very willing to reward performers who had talent. Much better experience, for everyone involved.

@ the OP: Wherever it is that you are, it does not sound like you're working in a good place, and I'd suggest an alternate line of work. In Seattle, where it costs over $100 a night to work as a stripper and the law is stacked against you in every way, my friends that did it averaged $500 a night or more in profits, and they weren't doing anything illegal. It doesn't sound like you're making close to that, and if you're as pretty as you say you are, you could do much better serving or bar-tending, without even having to take off your clothes. Pulling beers in a college bar is easier than stripping, and if you're good looking, can pay just about as much. Plus, you can tell your family what you do for a living.

- Rick Sanchez

Last edited by Dox47 on 23 May 2013, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:25 am

BlueMax wrote:
They want to see girls all winky, wiggly and seductive... not mechanically removing clothing like they were going to bed. That takes a special hyper-social skill... allure and seduction... not something aspies are usually known for. ;)

So true :lol: I think patrons might pay me to stop dancing.