Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

WrongWay
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2013, 11:48 am

I just go to the same place every time, and just say 'cut it shorter'.

Stonetoad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2013, 4:54 pm

I hate it too... but i need to have it cut. It becomes a real jungle when I don't. Normally i go to the hairdresser twice or three times a year. All I do is stare at the mirror, or at the ground. I hate it when they wanna talk to me.

I just want my hair cut, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

So you're not alone :)

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2013, 5:00 pm

I don't like the constant chatter some of them make either, (unless it seems sincere and genuine), or the nosey questions. I'm not there to discuss my personal business and I would rather they not feel obligated to chatter to me if they don't want to. I also would prefer they concentrated on what they are doing.

vixx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2013, 7:18 pm

basically i just let them know that I want a haircut that will not require me to style my hair at all. just wash and go. i gave my stylist free reign of my mop, and my days of stressful haircuts are long gone. only really say if I want to grow it out or make it shorter. i want to let my hair do whatever it does, but i don't want it to be unruly, as it were.

hblu1992
Raven
Raven

31 May 2013, 7:35 pm

I've had the same woman cut my hair for the last 19 years.I still dont like the noise of the trimmer or how the hair feels stuck in my clothes after the haircut but I did teach myself to sit still for long enough to get it cut even.I think because I was diagnosed late and my condition is mild I just assumed that everyone thought the trimmer sounded like a buzzsaw. :shrug:
The only odd behaviors I exibit are closing my eyes whie the trimmer is on and while my hair is being washed(too thick to cut dry).That and I have her shave behind my ears because the sensation of hair sticking to my ears drives me nuts.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2013, 8:45 pm

Just like some others here I hate going to the hairdresser's. I don't like to get my hair washed for starters. Some people love it when their scalp gets a massage, done by a total stranger, but I don't like it at all. It feels totally wrong to me. I also feel ill at ease at a salon, like I have landed in the wrong place amidst all the wrong people. I have avoided going to the hardresser's for a couple of years now by cutting my hair myself. I have to get a good haircut somewhere in the near future because this is not an ideal solution either but I have to admit that I am dreading it.

Wycca

01 Jun 2013, 12:32 am

I hate going to the salon but my parents always make me saying that I have to do something with it. The last time I let my mom decide how it was cut since It was for a new job and she kept going on that I needed something "Professional looking" Turns out professional looking to her means cutting it off above my shoulders when it had been to the middle of my back! That will be the last time I go to the salon with her I can promise you that.

anyway back on topic. Most times the salons we go to are small so not a lot of noise with the exception of the hairdryer and trimmers.
That noise cuts through my skull worse than a fly buzzing around your head.

nolaclane
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jan 2014, 2:33 am

I am scared of going to any new hairstylist as I had a very bad experience of getting my hair cut from an unknown stylist as my own stylist was not available. I was very depressed with my bad haircut but then my stylist got hair extensions to attach in my real hair to hide the bad haircut.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 3:25 am

I saw a picture of me when I was 1 my first time at the barber shop and I was crying and scared. By middle of elementary school, at least, I actually enjoyed getting my haircut, because of the way it has since at least that time always triggered my ASMR.