Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 12:47 am

I just realized that I haven't had anything to eat or drink for about thirty hours now.

When I was younger, I often had problems with forgetting to eat. Then, for some reason, I quit forgetting to eat and did a good job of keeping on a reasonable schedule. Now I'm finding myself doing it more and more again.

It's usually worse on weekends when I'm not around people at work and so the typical social conventions aren't so apparent. If I'm not careful about it, I tend to get some pretty powerful headaches if I wait too long to eat.

So does anyone else just forget to eat? If you realize you haven't eaten in a day or two, what kind of food do you decide to eat?

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 7:01 am

I think it's lack of fluids that causes headaches, for me anyway. Dehydration is very, very bad for you and especially the brain.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 7:18 am

I'm quite the opposite. I can't stop eating when I'm awake except when I'm at work. I don't have any fixed-time meals because I'm eating all the time any way. I could go without eating for a long time without any problem if I'm too busy or something. Otherwise the idea of eating never leaves my mind.

singularity
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2013, 8:44 am

I forget to eat. I spend a lot of time alone, and if I'm busy doing other things, eating is just not a priority. When it does occur to me to eat, I tend to eat the same thing over and over. Last year I lived on spinach salads. Now it's omelettes with cheese, spinach and tomatoes. As well, when I'm stressed out, or upset about something, I completely lose my appetite. I'm 5'8" and I currently weigh 96lbs. Kind of worrying. I don't really know what to do about it, though.

Last edited by singularity on 03 Jun 2013, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 4:52 pm

One problem I occasionally have (maybe once a month or two) is that I'll put something on the stove to cook and then go do something else while waiting for it. Then I forget that it is there and the next thing I know the food is way way way overcooked.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 4:54 pm

I do sometimes. It was worse when I was younger. When I was younger I actually didn't recognize certain feelings I had sometimes like if I was hot or cold or hungry or if I was sick. Not always but a lot of the time. Even now I still have it but just not as bad.

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 6:54 pm

I used to forego eating, sometimes all day and night, when I was mildly addicted to online gaming. Not a bad way to lose weight, either. :twisted:

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 7:15 pm

Yes, I forget to eat, especially if I am getting caught up in one of my special interests. I will look up at the clock, realise I have missed lunchtime, and think "oh well, I'll just have an early dinner". Then I'll miss dinner time too, and end up going to bed without eating.

When I moved in with my husband and he actually started putting food in front of me three times a day I put on about 20lb / 10kg. :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 4:04 am

Forget? No. Put off in favor of pursuing current interest? All the time.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:29 am

I'm the opposite, always thinking about food and looking forward to my next meal.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 10:09 am

I flat out forget to eat very often. After getting married, my wife helped to make sure that didn't happen, but she is out of town for a few months, and this morning I realized I hadn't eaten anything all weekend! She has only been gone for two weeks, and I can see my ribs showing through the skin more and more. Maybe I should get some Ensure or something. I don't forget to drink, but don't seem to think about eating. I never really feel hungry, either, even after days without food (at least not since I quit smoking the dope back in high school).

When I do remember to eat, it is usually just whatever is the most convenient. I have even eaten dry ramen noodles before, just because I was thinking about something and knew that if I took the time to boil water, there was a pretty good chance I could completely forget. I really don't seem to enjoy/dislike any type of food. I guess I just use the "will it make a turd" method of food choices.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

Yeah, but depends on what psychiatric medicines I'm on usually. They either kill my appetite completely or I can't stop eating.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 4:22 pm

If I lived alone, I'd be skinny because I don't think much about food unless I'm extremely bored or having dry-heaves from hunger.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 5:08 pm

I forget to do many things, but eating is not one of them.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 3:06 pm

I forget. Considering how horrible I become when my blood sugar is low, that should be changed.

UDG
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2013, 3:26 pm

I'm sure I've read a thread on this topic before. Also, yes I do sometimes.