What do you do with your old class papers?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 5:09 pm

What do you people do with old class papers when you're done with school? Normally, I throw mine away but that's only because they get wrinkly and I can't stand wrinkly paper. -.- Kinda hard to folder everything that's given to me in class without my folders ripping down the middle.. I wish I had put them into a business file folders in my desk every time I came home. :-/ Now, I am on my 3rd year of college after finishing my associates degree. I'm going to try doing this now.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 6:02 pm

I throw most away, but I've tried to keep my notes from my important classes, in case I need to reference them on the job.

KingofAces
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2013, 6:03 pm

I usually collect my coursework but then after some point I have to throw it out. I would say keep the material for your major and classes that were really interesting to you and throw out the rest.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 6:52 pm

School related... only school reports are kept for prosperity, embarrassment and the like. But everything college and degree related is kept. I'll never may need to use it for reference during employment, but its there as a refresher if need to be.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 8:01 pm

I think I still have my graduate topology notes somewhere.

That was a rather strange class that was taught the Texas Method.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 5:57 pm

most of my documents are digital, so i keep them, neatly organized, in a 'past work' folder group. this also includes lecture notes since i type them out as soon as i find the time (my handwriting is illegible to the point i cant even read it the day after i took the notes)

SPtread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2013, 9:13 pm

Recycled most of my school work. Some are in boxes in storage, or boxes at my parents' house.

Lakelynn
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jun 2013, 7:29 pm

In college I keep all my papers in a large 5-star notebook and then once I finish, I place it in a storage box under my bed. I have school assignments all the way back to 6th grade, but these are loose papers and not very well organized. I like going back and looking at them every once in a while.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 7:34 pm

Maeko wrote:
What do you people do with old class papers when you're done with school?

I sold mine to underclassmen at other schools.

JMac26
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jun 2013, 7:54 pm

Lakelynn wrote:
In college I keep all my papers in a large 5-star notebook and then once I finish, I place it in a storage box under my bed. I have school assignments all the way back to 6th grade, but these are loose papers and not very well organized. I like going back and looking at them every once in a while.

I'm about the same except I have assignments from back to 8th or 9th grade through my third year in college which I just completed. They're all put away in boxes and extremely unorganized.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 7:57 pm

I still have all mine

I keep all my notebooks in a box and I have another box full of papers and my mom has a box full of my IEP and diagnostic paperwork

I like to look through my papers every once and a while
sometimes ill open my notebooks to look at my doodles

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 3:16 pm

JMac26 wrote:
Lakelynn wrote:

I'm about the same except I have assignments from back to 8th or 9th grade through my third year in college which I just completed. They're all put away in boxes and extremely unorganized.

Yeah that's pretty much what I have been doing now. I have been putting them in boxes but they are extremely disorganized.

clacrymosa
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2013, 12:53 am

I've been keeping all the stuff I've gotten since I've been in Community College, because I hear that I might need them when writing stuff for Graduate School. I'm probably going to keep my best work for that purpose and stick in in a portfolio or something. But for math classes I usually throw out the work and notes from those because they tend to clutter my stuff the most.

kimmybee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jun 2013, 10:46 pm

I usually horde all my papers. I have stuff from the second grade in my basement. I don't know why, I just can't seem to throw some stuff away. It's come in handy though.

TheJaguarEmpress
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2013, 11:01 pm

gasoline and a lighter

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 12:50 pm

I saved everything I did. I put them in a box, and then one the cats peed on them. I use to have cats before I got my sweet and intelligent dog.