Friendships never last with me sadly.

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jun 2013, 1:04 am

I don't get it... whenever I have a friend online or in real life, it tends to be temporary. Recently I had 3 friends on Tumblr, then all of a sudden they blocked me weeks later and refuse to talk to me for no reason. I feel like I'm only good to be a temporary friend and nothing much...

I don't get it. why do I feel like they think I did something that would make them bail me out on the friendship when I didn't do anything bad to them? As Derpy said it best: "I just don't know what went wrong."

I need true friends, not temporary ones. This alone makes me a bit depressed.

flamebolt925
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2013, 1:23 am

same thing happened to me years ago on facebook with friends i knew since i was a baby i dont know what i did to make them unfriend me it really stung and hurt me so much i still wonder what i did. also i had a friend i knew from squalicum who when i saw him at this pacific nerd west anime role play thing that my bro and i went to he acted like he didnt even know me at all and just flat out didnt even acknowledge me at all and i dont know what i did to make it so. so ur not alone
reading ur op kinda made me feel like i wanted to cry a little inside cause it reminded me so much of what has happened to me in past that it made some emotions almost flood back to memory even now im trying ever so hard to hold back the tears as i type

Last edited by flamebolt925 on 05 Jun 2013, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 1:36 am

to the OP: most folks just aren't worth all the trouble. don't sweat these fair-weather "friends."

Einsteinologist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jun 2013, 12:55 am

arnoldmcguire335 wrote:
I don't get it... whenever I have a friend online or in real life, it tends to be temporary. Recently I had 3 friends on Tumblr, then all of a sudden they blocked me weeks later and refuse to talk to me for no reason. I feel like I'm only good to be a temporary friend and nothing much...

I don't get it. why do I feel like they think I did something that would make them bail me out on the friendship when I didn't do anything bad to them? As Derpy said it best: "I just don't know what went wrong."

You sound like a "sad panda"...

The best thing to at least try to do in wrapping your mind around those confuzzling difficulties with "friends" is envision yourself in their position -- quite literally! Because relationships are a matter of perception (subjectivity & circumstantial relativity), you may think you're better acquainted than you are, or vice versa -- which complicates things by not knowing who did or said what to turn the other off!

The truest friends often *phase* in & out of immediate circumstances, but always return. Try to focus on be-friending yourself, and you may be surprised at how that can make what you're describing so much easier to handle. Yes, it is very discouraging, but you may be on the right track with this forum.

iPods make great friends... so do 3DS's... just sayin' ;;

Einsteinologist

06 Jun 2013, 12:56 am

arnoldmcguire335 wrote:

You sound like a "sad panda"...

The best thing to at least try to do in wrapping your mind around those confuzzling difficulties with "friends" is envision yourself in their position -- quite literally! Because relationships are a matter of perception (subjectivity & circumstantial relativity), you may think you're better acquainted than you are, or vice versa -- which complicates things by not knowing who did or said what to turn the other off!

The truest friends often *phase* in & out of immediate circumstances, but always return. Try to focus on be-friending yourself, and you may be surprised at how that can make what you're describing so much easier to handle. Yes, it is very discouraging, but you may be on the right track with this forum.

iPods make great friends... so do 3DS's... just sayin' ;;

SteveRod92
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jun 2013, 1:02 am

I feel you, happens more in real life with me. Lot of them just stop talking to me, or just move away. It has got me depress many times. Just don't give up on finding friends yet, surly one will come around that going to be awesome. :)

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2013, 3:46 pm

flamebolt925 wrote:
same thing happened to me years ago on facebook with friends i knew since i was a baby i dont know what i did to make them unfriend me it really stung and hurt me so much i still wonder what i did. also i had a friend i knew from squalicum who when i saw him at this pacific nerd west anime role play thing that my bro and i went to he acted like he didnt even know me at all and just flat out didnt even acknowledge me at all and i dont know what i did to make it so. so ur not alone
reading ur op kinda made me feel like i wanted to cry a little inside cause it reminded me so much of what has happened to me in past that it made some emotions almost flood back to memory even now im trying ever so hard to hold back the tears as i type

Sorry to hear man. I've been there and 4 of them (1 betrayed me back in January, and 3 online recently) so... yeah. *gives a hug*

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 4:05 pm

rather than dwell upon the ones who go away, I concentrate my attentions on the ones who stay.

Last edited by auntblabby on 12 Jun 2013, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 4:12 pm

Don't worry, it's the same for me. It doesn't get any easier but... we stand alone.

Einsteinologist

12 Jun 2013, 4:15 pm

arnoldmcguire335 wrote:

Sorry to hear man. I've been there and 4 of them (1 betrayed me back in January, and 3 online recently) so... yeah. *gives a hug*

Wow, I wonder where you're located on Earth, or whichever planet you're on... I got ouched REALLY badly back in January, around Chinese New Year when the moon was unusually proximal to Earth... I was watching everyone's perception shift around like magnetic pole-reversal! That damn moon was the culprit of my sig. other turning on me like a Beast of Madness -- and I have become Beauty in order that he may once again see the Truth as it really is!

Think of the January Moon as Friendly Fire that has the same potential to bring your friend back in renewed form. That is the role of The Sun... to help The Moon guard the inhabitants of The Earth! ;-)

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2013, 12:11 pm

Einsteinologist wrote:
Think of the January Moon as Friendly Fire that has the same potential to bring your friend back in renewed form. That is the role of The Sun... to help The Moon guard the inhabitants of The Earth! ;-)

Hopefully you're right. but the chance is very unlikely.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 12:20 pm

I really hate this type of stuff. What offends me the most is having "friends" who ask after me and express concern, but never get in touch with me personally via phone/email(unless they need my help with something), and decline to answer/return my calls. Keep a level head is all I can say about it.

trissie
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2013, 1:01 am

I love to make friends with people who are like I am. I have a few friends but I see them every once in a while but we are still good friends. I have one friend that I see often we sometimes fight but she tries to understand me and we try to work out our problems. I sometimes have a hard time making friends with NT's because they just don't get me, I tend to talk a lot. I have some flaws but I try to be friendly and cheerful. :D

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 8:47 am

Yeah. I hate it when they just drop you and never answer your call again. I get over it, but always wonder what went wrong.

dunya
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2013, 1:53 pm

I have a "friend" who most often only contacts me when she needs help with something. Now I know this I don't have expectations that it will be any different.
If I have the time I will help and if I don't I say "no" since I'm not going to drop what's important to me for her sake.

I have another "friend" who is always giving helpful hints on how I can be a happier, healthier person. What this tells me is he doesn't accept me as I am, but wants to have the power to change me into the person he thinks I aught to be. Again, I take the time to listen out of politeness, but I don't follow his instructions because they are made by someone who has never asked me what I feel I need.

There are those who are nice to me when I say "yes", and then treat me like I am trying deliberately to make them unhappy when I say "no". They want allies, not true friendship. I know I can't rely on them so I don't try to please them. I do my own thing.

I don't have false expectations of them but it still hurts sometimes when I remember that their smiles and favour are based on my usefulness only.

I've never been good at making and keeping friends but I have a better idea of what to expect from others now. I havn't given up on finding friends who truly deserve my time, support and company.