Need a head count -How many Aspies/AS people unemployed?

Page 6 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 5:32 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
merde is French for ^&*t in case your wondering .

and in Italian it is Merda, which if you rearrange the letters you get "dreaM." interesting, no?

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 5:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

and in Italian it is Merda, which if you rearrange the letters you get "dreaM." interesting, no?

yes I suppose

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 4:37 am

1980's pretty happy with my career. 1991-2005 Increasingly un and underemployed. Pretty much unemployed since then. Between 2009-2012 Unpaid internship just for something to do and I liked the work and people and of course the aspie-autistic propensity to stay in relationships that are not good for us.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 4:38 am

1980's pretty happy with my career. 1991-2005 Increasingly un and underemployed. Pretty much unemployed since then.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 5:06 am

auntblabby wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

whats that called when you re arrange a word to make another one?

Trainsareawesome
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2014, 3:18 pm

I had a job at Best Buy but I was fired for arguing with a customer. Fortunately my father allows me to work at his business as a foreman, even though I do nothing and it allows me to make a decent amount of income. So you could consider me underemployed. But it does allow me ample time to work on my model trains.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

whats that called when you re arrange a word to make another one?

anagram.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 7:33 pm

^^^
I thought so recalled that from the Simspons, funny state of affairs when you learn more from a comedy than the "news" I'm glad comedians here are doing comedy informing type shows.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 8:05 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
^^^
I thought so recalled that from the Simspons, funny state of affairs when you learn more from a comedy than the "news" I'm glad comedians here are doing comedy informing type shows.

they are collectively doing a public service, providing news and info in a more digestible form for this present generation.

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2014, 11:49 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
they discussed this on the News Hour recently , employer groups /right wing politicians where saying they should be hired not for touchy feel good reasons (it's America after all) but for the fact they make better employers something to do about loyalty , that's a good serf bow to your masters, no offense :oops: I didn't like the tone of he segment. :evil:

But at least they see the positives unlike some countries I could mention. Australia's one of the worst places in the OECD list of countries in regards to disability and employment 21st out of 29 countries.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 2:50 am

murasaki_ahiru wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
they discussed this on the News Hour recently , employer groups /right wing politicians where saying they should be hired not for touchy feel good reasons (it's America after all) but for the fact they make better employers something to do about loyalty , that's a good serf bow to your masters, no offense :oops: I didn't like the tone of he segment. :evil:

But at least they see the positives unlike some countries I could mention. Australia's one of the worst places in the OECD list of countries in regards to disability and employment 21st out of 29 countries.

well I can only compare it to Switzerland yes I was so wacked out that I ended up on disability pension over their :lol: and the lengths they went to find employment for me was impressive , when they realised I was to far gone than they put me on the pension.

here they don't go out of their way , I even got strange looks at Centrelink for putting my hand up . 8O I think governments like to have a bat each way keep them dependent for votes and go on the attack in the company of the right audience after all phony Tony as health minister said "mental illness it's all in peoples head " :roll: I'm so glad I've got medical proof for my anxiety EEG's ,, irregular heart beat , neuro tests , worrying people wouldn't believe me made the situation much worse

my family doesn't believe me :roll:

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2014, 7:01 am

aussiebloke wrote:
murasaki_ahiru wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

well I can only compare it to Switzerland yes I was so wacked out that I ended up on disability pension over their :lol: and the lengths they went to find employment for me was impressive , when they realised I was to far gone than they put me on the pension.

here they don't go out of their way , I even got strange looks at Centrelink for putting my hand up . 8O I think governments like to have a bat each way keep them dependent for votes and go on the attack in the company of the right audience after all phony Tony as health minister said "mental illness it's all in peoples head " :roll: I'm so glad I've got medical proof for my anxiety EEG's ,, irregular heart beat , neuro tests , worrying people wouldn't believe me made the situation much worse

my family doesn't believe me :roll:

What medical evidence isn't proof enough? Their loss mate.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 7:29 am

^^^

no it did not help thinking people would not believe me the government don't help do they ? recently they advertised disability employment on tv , in the ads they present people in wheel chairs or with mental retardation yet ....

the disability with the highest rates of suicide / disability is depression and anxiety, it makes no sense .

even with all this proof I still get humiliated by my family .

sorry it really bugs me one of the volunteers at the soup kitchen who works as a chemist , just a few hours ago touched wood on this subject :cry:

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2014, 2:50 am

aussiebloke wrote:
^^^

no it did not help thinking people would not believe me the government don't help do they ? recently they advertised disability employment on tv , in the ads they present people in wheel chairs or with mental retardation yet ....

the disability with the highest rates of suicide / disability is depression and anxiety, it makes no sense .

even with all this proof I still get humiliated by my family .

sorry it really bugs me one of the volunteers at the soup kitchen who works as a chemist , just a few hours ago touched wood on this subject :cry:

It's because they are invisible conditions and not 'cute' enough to tug the heartstrings see DS. There's enough high profile people with anxiety/depression/bi polar to get people to take notice and see that they effect all sorts of people. I can relate to you as I have anxiety and depression my self co existing with the Aspergers so I totally get where you're coming from.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 4:02 am

^^^^

thank you I had a rant about it on another thread and I was accused of being bitter , to right :P at the risk of repeating myself I'm so glad I have medical proof including the skin complaints I all ways knew it was related to the neurological in fact that's probably one of the complaints that's cleared up the most thanks to medication and lifestyle choices , a close 2nd the heart rate.

I'm amazed how many people who are amused by that painting "The Scream" aka depersonlastion (sp?) disorder seen in anxiety and other mental complaints when I told my gp I got this he told me not to put it on my medical certificate he said "it looks bad" the thing is if I ever go on a OS holiday I will have to declare it for insurance purposes , that got me thinking what happens if I have a injury at work? instead of dp my GP instead wrote on the certificate "poor concentration" :roll:

I should clarify I'm not depressive when I saw "The Scream" I had an a ha moment I don't get that when I see depressive ones I'm like :? , so for that reason I don't judge people who "don't get it"

Muddled
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Feb 2014, 6:49 am

Long-term unemployment is hard.

Another Australian here. I lost my last job over a year ago. I had a great government job I'd been in for 4 years, but my colleagues were always getting made permanent over me. A week after I disclosed my Aspergers diagnosis to my boss (late diagnosis in life), I lost my job with no warning, supposedly due to staff budgeting. I was the only one they got rid of, and they had hired new people within months.

I've been actively job seeking for over a year and it's getting really depressing. I don't even get government assistance (pension or employment assistance). I quality for the disability support pension but my partner earns slightly too much which makes me ineligible. We've gone from excitedly saving to buy a house to barely making ends meet. I feel like I have no future any more.

It's hard because I can't just apply for any old job like normal people. Anything that involves talking to people is out of the question. Last time I was unemployed, it took me 5 or 6 years to get a job.