Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 8:09 pm

If I was given an option of installing Windows 8 on my computer or have an Xbox One watching me in the shower, I'd install Windows 8. If I received an Xbox One as my holiday present, I would quietly walk into another room and lock myself in and scream (insert any swear word here) because I know some people in my family who would get me something I don't want for Christmas because they weren't paying attention to my disgust of such a product. That's the kind of Cartoon Irony Crap Event I would expect at this point in my life. Misfortune is turning my life into a Generic Cartoon Plot filled with unoriginal conflicts that happen all the time and they don't surprise me anymore. <sarcasm>Oh no! Another unfortunate event involving something mysteriously braking around the house or an over due payment has surfaced forcing my family's life savings to plummet yet again! That hasn't been happening continuously for the past three months.</sarcasm> I'm so bored at life. I'll be finding ways to get rid of the Xbox One I just received and no one will take it back.
It'll be like this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07l18DeHMgg[/youtube]

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 8:40 pm

How unconventional for MS to try to change classic VG tradition. I wasn't going to buy one anyway, but I feel
as the art of VG increase, we should always have our hard copies, no drms with exp. dates!

This change does not need to happen and other platforms should stay away from this.
So I agree. Don't purchase an Xbox One ever until they take it back to the drawing board.
Everyone needs the classic manual and artbox these things have always come in.

Flyingladder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2013, 9:56 pm

Yeah, I was also looking forward to the new Xbox but now I'm thinking about a Ps4 in the future. Most of the people I know who owned 360s will not be buying the Xbox one when it comes out. It's ridiculous that's all I can think about it, I loved playing Halo on the 360 the most but I can't justify buying a expensive new system that I don't like for one game alone.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jun 2013, 10:12 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:
Better games, better technology on the PC.

There were two console exclusives last generation that I wanted to play, Red Dead Redemption and The Last of Us. Two. I beat Red Dead Redemption at my friend's house, and I'll be doing the same with Last of Us when he's done with it. Every other good game was either PC exclusive or released on the PC in a better form.
Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2&3, Uncharted trilogy, Ni No Kuni : Wrath of the White Witch, Tales of Graces, Zelda : Skyward Sword, Mario Kart, Ratchet & Clank ...
Sorry dude, PC has the better version of multiplatform games, but consoles have the better exclusives.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 11:16 am

GGPViper wrote:
/\ Guns of The Patriots?

I'm just kinda "Meh". I'm sure it was a good game, but I've never liked Kojima's storytelling.

sixstring wrote:
Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2&3, Uncharted trilogy, Ni No Kuni : Wrath of the White Witch, Tales of Graces, Zelda : Skyward Sword, Mario Kart, Ratchet & Clank ...
Sorry dude, PC has the better version of multiplatform games, but consoles have the better exclusives.

Uncharted is actually fairly interesting. Mario Kart? They still haven't beaten 64 as far as I'm concerned, and there's another point. Console game haves a FAR worse case of Maddenitis than PC. Same deal with Zelda, It peaked on the 64, and it's been boring ever since. Never played Ni No Kuni or Tales of Graces, I'll do some research.

I'm not saying that console games suck. I was saying that as most exclusives did not interest me, it would be easy for me to boycott the Xbox One. There are good games on the consoles, but they just don't appeal to me. But don't ever make the mistake of thinking that PC has worse exclusives. On the contrary, we've got A LOT more great exclusives, but a lot of them don't get a lot of press. I picked some of the more major releases from this generation just as a showcase.

Amnesia
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Civilization V
Empire & Shogun 2: Total War
Tropico IV
Red Orchestra 2
ARMA 2
X3: Terran Conflict
Europa Universalis III
Crusader Kings II
Victoria II
Company of Heroes
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
King Arthur
Frozen Synapse (Was also on phones, but I'll include it as it wasn't on consoles)
The Secret World
Crysis
Starcraft II
The Witcher

That's just a few of them. Plus, we've got games coming out like Star Citizen. Stuff like that is awesome, and nothing in this next generation console-wise can even dream of that level of ambition. Don't underestimate the PC, my man.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 5:03 am

fueledbycoffee wrote:
Crysis

I hate to put a dent in your argument, but I think they did eventually end up releasing this for consoles :oops:

I was going to think up my own list, but all I could think of was STALKER and a bunch of games that are older than the current gen. I don't really play too many modern games.

But then again, when you've got STALKER, you don't really need much else... 8)

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 9:30 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
But then again, when you've got STALKER, you don't really need much else... 8)

Truth.

Sorry, scratch Crysis. It was big exclusive when it launched.

My initial list contained gems like Arx Fatalis (Though now that I think of it, wasn't that also on Xbox?), the Longest Journey, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate, Thief... and then I realized that that wouldn't really count.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jun 2013, 2:07 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
If I was given an option of installing Windows 8 on my computer or have an Xbox One watching me in the shower, I'd install Windows 8. If I received an Xbox One as my holiday present, I would quietly walk into another room and lock myself in and scream (insert any swear word here) because I know some people in my family who would get me something I don't want for Christmas because they weren't paying attention to my disgust of such a product. That's the kind of Cartoon Irony Crap Event I would expect at this point in my life. Misfortune is turning my life into a Generic Cartoon Plot filled with unoriginal conflicts that happen all the time and they don't surprise me anymore. <sarcasm>Oh no! Another unfortunate event involving something mysteriously braking around the house or an over due payment has surfaced forcing my family's life savings to plummet yet again! That hasn't been happening continuously for the past three months.</sarcasm> I'm so bored at life. I'll be finding ways to get rid of the Xbox One I just received and no one will take it back.

Hey man don't let it get ya down. Just make it VERY clear during the holidays that the Xbox One is basically the missing 11th Egyptian plague, like nonstop badgering about it, if they don't get the message then they're idiotically clueless. On another note Windows 8 is fine once you install a program to bring back the start menu like I did.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 2:37 pm

TheWadeSmellbringer wrote:
the Xbox One is basically the missing 11th Egyptian plague

Truer words were never spoken. :D Well, that's a new one. I thought I'd heard it all regarding the xb1. Points for originality. I am looking forward to a repeat of the 6th gen, with the ps4 playing the role of next gen's ps2. 8)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 4:10 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:
My initial list contained gems like Arx Fatalis (Though now that I think of it, wasn't that also on Xbox?), the Longest Journey, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate, Thief... and then I realized that that wouldn't really count.

Yeah, I can think of tons of exclusives for the PC that are still amazing to this day (especially Thief II), but he's not counting anything that old.

Which makes it hard to come up with much, since most devs gave up on the PC and went to the 360.

And yeah, Arx Fatalis was also on XBox.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 4:10 pm

Tross wrote:

Truer words were never spoken. :D Well, that's a new one. I thought I'd heard it all regarding the xb1. Points for originality. I am looking forward to a repeat of the 6th gen, with the ps4 playing the role of next gen's ps2. 8)

PS2 is/was a great console, but it also holds the record as being the worst offender ever for having an over-hyped system launch. Its early games were quite lame especially considering the super big deal everybody made out of its release.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 1:07 am

I can't say I understand the logic of buying any console anymore, but especially the Xbox One. On one hand it seems like people are actually excited to pay a lot of money for a box with an overall very limited single player and multiplayer experience, and other limited and basic forms of internet access via their low grade apps.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2013, 1:45 am

Venger wrote:
Tross wrote:

PS2 is/was a great console, but it also holds the record as being the worst offender ever for having an over-hyped system launch. Its early games were quite lame especially considering the super big deal everybody made out of its release.

Well it plays DVD's which was a big deal at the time to have a console that could play games and watch movies which is what made people hype it but yeah it's launch cabinet was pretty weak. I mean the Xbox had Halo 1 at launch, what did the PS2 have?

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 2:04 am

Venger wrote:
Tross wrote:

Well it plays DVD's which was a big deal at the time to have a console that could play games and watch movies which is what made people hype it but yeah it's launch cabinet was pretty weak. I mean the Xbox had Halo 1 at launch, what did the PS2 have?
I wasn't an early adopter of the ps2, and I got mine well before I started visiting forums and other gaming related sites, so I wasn't an informed consumer at that point, and couldn't tell you what the system's launch was like, or what its launch lineup was. I wasn't referring to the system's launch though. I meant that the 6th gen was as close as we have ever gotten to a one console gen, and I enjoyed having one system with a great selection of games. I hope the ps4 ends up being like the ps2, with a vast library of titles, spanning every genre. The wii u will likely end up being a cult system, much like the gamecube, and I wouldn't mind that. I hope the xb1 tanks, but it may end up reaching cult system status for all the wrong reasons. Still, if its sales are low enough, it may not impact the industry too much, and that's what I'm hoping for.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2013, 2:28 am

Tross wrote:
Venger wrote:
Tross wrote:

I wasn't an early adopter of the ps2, and I got mine well before I started visiting forums and other gaming related sites, so I wasn't an informed consumer at that point, and couldn't tell you what the system's launch was like, or what its launch lineup was. I wasn't referring to the system's launch though. I meant that the 6th gen was as close as we have ever gotten to a one console gen, and I enjoyed having one system with a great selection of games. I hope the ps4 ends up being like the ps2, with a vast library of titles, spanning every genre. The wii u will likely end up being a cult system, much like the gamecube, and I wouldn't mind that. I hope the xb1 tanks, but it may end up reaching cult system status for all the wrong reasons. Still, if its sales are low enough, it may not impact the industry too much, and that's what I'm hoping for.

The Gamecube had a cult following because it had great games like Zelda Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Smash Melee, Mario Sunshine (at least for me), Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and many more. The only interesting game on XB1 is Halo 5 and that depends on who you are. So there's a very low likeliness of XB1 reaching cult status. Anyway the XB1 has more against it than lack of ability to play DVD's and functional online, which are two things that really killed the Gamecube. It's very likely this could be the 5th gen allover again with Sony in first Nintendo in second and Microsoft taking Sega's place in dead last.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2013, 9:33 am

Venger wrote:
Tross wrote:

Clearly you never played Timesplitters.