Neurotypicals hurting companies bottom line

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Joshandspot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jun 2013, 9:23 am

I see a lot of postings on here about aspies being undervalued in the workforce because we don't have talents and skills to bring to the table that are profitable to a company but aren't there things that neurotypicals do to make companies suffer by being not as loyal or reliable as us aspies are? Or spending a lot of the day goofing off online instead of going into hyperfocus work mode like we can do? I also know a lot of NTs get ego trips which can hurt them in the long run by disrespecting people who are important to the company. Does the fact that we have less of those ego mindsets matter at all?

schizoid26
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2013, 12:32 pm

Companies, large ones at least, don't care about the bottom line as much as that they are doing things "right" and people who tell them that they are, and that those underlings are gung-ho about the policies instituted are the ones who advance. It's all about making your superiors feel like they are doing everything right, and being passionate for those ideals set. It's corporate culture.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 4:34 pm

A worker can never be smarter than the Boss.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 8:03 pm

It all depends.

If your working in a customer service job, and you show up every day but are so socially awkward you chase away the customers, that's not helping the bottom line even though your being very loyal.

But if you are good at what you do, but get passed over for an NT who isn't, that is hurting their bottom line.

Context is key.

8bitKnight
Raven
Raven

23 Jun 2013, 11:21 am

androbot2084 wrote:
A worker can never be smarter than the Boss.

This is so true.

PsychoPoet
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2013, 5:04 pm

I'm not sure about hurting the bottom line, but they definitely hurt my head :D

I love neurotypicals, they can be wonderful people, but you never quite know where you are with them :roll:

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 1:45 am

I dare assume that my dad's colleagues are all NTs. My dad's company has been incurring losses for months. According to my dad, many of his colleagues maximize their own welfare at the expense of the company's welfare. These people either slack or use the company's funds to fund their own activities.