Who else flushes their mouth incessantly after brushing?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2013, 9:20 am

I freaking hate the taste and feel of toothpaste in my mouth after brushing my teeth. So much I flush my mouth at least 20 times after brushing, and often I'm not done 10 minutes after brushing.
Anyone else has this?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 9:53 am

No, I hate cleaning my teeth so I get it done as quickly as I can (2 minutes max).

Last edited by Joe90 on 23 Jun 2013, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 10:40 am

I tend to be like that, too. I hate the taste of toothpaste. As well as rinsing aroung the teeth, I also gargle a lot, too, because the taste of toothpaste seems to accumulate near the throat. I also spend quite a long time for brushing itself and then rinse many times. So the whole process takes a very long time. I hate it. I was thinking it's more of an OCD trait.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 10:46 am

Yes I hate brushing and the taste and aftertaste of tooth paste so I use very little of it and use the taps water pressure to get it out, there was a brand of tooth paste called Aim and I forget the model of it and that tasted good to the point of wanting to sometimes eat it(as a child), as a result we no longer have that in the house is eating that stuff is not good for you.

InnaLucia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jun 2013, 11:00 am

Nope, you shouldn't rinse your mouth after brushing. I don't like toothpaste either but I try to use ones which don't burn my mouth and that don't taste too awful.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2013, 11:17 am

jk1 wrote:
I tend to be like that, too. I hate the taste of toothpaste. As well as rinsing aroung the teeth, I also gargle a lot, too, because the taste of toothpaste seems to accumulate near the throat. I also spend quite a long time for brushing itself and then rinse many times. So the whole process takes a very long time. I hate it. I was thinking it's more of an OCD trait.
I gargle a lot too. I feel that a lot of the toothpaste accumulates on my tongue.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 11:38 am

I quit using toothpaste. I now brush my teeth with baking soda and peroxide. It doesn't taste as bad, doesn't burn, and the taste doesn't linger.

8bitKnight
Raven
Raven

23 Jun 2013, 11:51 am

Try switching to natural toothpaste found in natural food stores, my gums and teeth are stronger then ever since I started using natural toothpaste. The commercial crap they sell in the big box stores irritate my gums pretty bad and makes them all puffy and often get canker sores on them. I have a feeling the dentists only recommend those commercial toothpastes because it damages your teeth and gums that way it makes them more money. I hate dentists.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 2:15 pm

I brush/floss my teeth everyday for around 5-6 minutes, and I also rinse-off the toothbrush with water several during this process. Afterwards I'll rinse my mouth out with water about 5 times or so, but not 20 times like the OP claims to which sounds sort of crazy. :?

Sometimes I treat my teeth with fluoride-mouthwash after this process which I don't rinse-off with water at all, or I'll treat them with germ killing alcohol-based mouthwash which in that case I'll rinse-off with water several times after 10-15 minutes. I don't use mouthwash everyday though.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 2:40 pm

If mouthwash doesn't bather you? Then try using MW instead of toothpaste. When I travel. All I do is put a little MW in my mouth and brush my teeth and swash the MW around at the same time. If you ask me. I like using MW instead of TP anytime. TP is really only good for tartar removal sense it had a mild abrasive in it.