Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Mar 2007, 8:20 pm

cellogirl42 wrote:
pi_woman wrote:
This looks like a combination of Richie's Mobius/infinity symbol, and an idea I haven't posted yet: a planet locked in a translucent box.

That sounds cool! If I had photoshop, I'd make it.

How about a stationary planet inside a rotating Tesseract?
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... ic&t=26114

pi_woman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2007, 8:28 pm

richie wrote:
How about a stationary planet inside a rotating Tesseract?

Even better! I'm having a little trouble drawing it though... :?

In my own little world

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 9:25 pm

I don't feel ashamed of my AS, but some of the dumb things I do because of it are not exactly cause for pride. For that reason, I'm not crazy about "Autistic/AS Pride."

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

09 Mar 2007, 9:27 pm

What about mine?! *feels ignored*

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 10:44 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Okay, here's my proposed logo:

I have the distinction of being the world's worst interpreter of art, so if you don't like what I say, that's probably a good thing.

To me anything with the rainbows is too gay. "We're here, we're autithtic, get uthed to it"

That other one kind of does look like a deformed swatiska.

KBABZ is the best so far, now, remember I am the world's worst interpreter of art, so if there is any hidden meaning in it please explain it to me. This one looks like a penis made out of stairs. Kind of funny. :lol:

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 12:36 am

It's a set of stairs in an MC Escher style (the pics that defy gravity and physics). Basically it means that we're pretty confusing but we're cool too. I dunno, I thought the style would link. I kinda don't know myself, I was going by instinct!

*award*

In a way
We all go there

lau
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 8:45 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
I have the distinction of being the world's worst interpreter of art ...

I'm sorry, but you have a very low opinion of your talent. I'm still laughing at you final comment on KBABZ'es sketch.

Don't feel too bad about it KBABZ... I quite liked your sketch, but you'll have to restructure it a bit now. No way can I look at it without bursting out with laughter again.

PS. Mine was obviously useless. I was trying for a bunch of design constraints:

*) Has to be simple. (Simple enough for me to draw it!)
*) As a pin-on badge, to have an outline that was recognisable even without seeing the detail/colour/front. (Actually, KBABZ'es fits this now, but in an unfortunate way. :)
*) Doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before/elsewhere (versus all that Swastika confusion).

One bit I got wrong was that I think I had in mind more just AS, rather than ASD.

What I had hoped people might read in it were:

*) Infinity, but skewed at bit.
*) Escaping.
*) Outside the box (at least partially)
*) Rectangular box, curvy infinity. Though the box does have rounded corners.
*) Contents of box and infinity are shades of the same colour. We're not that different, just a bit more intense.
*) The whole symbol [i]incudes[/u] the NT world (box), 'cos we're crap on our own.

Bleugh!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 9:34 am

*3 awards*, but I don't think it's THAT suggestive. It doesn't look like a doodle... does it?

In a way
We all go there

lau
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 10:04 am

KBABZ wrote:
*3 awards*, but I don't think it's THAT suggestive. It doesn't look like a doodle... does it?

It wasn't suggestive at all - until GoatOnFire suggested it! (And I just tried it again. Yep. Same reaction. I'm stuck.)

NB. I did say your "sketch" - not a doodle (or an oil painting, for that matter (grin)).

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Mar 2007, 7:04 pm

How about an infinity symbol inside a Klein-Bottle?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klein_Bottle

lau
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2007, 7:41 pm

richie wrote:

I sculpted a model of the nreal projective plane the other day, in clay. Actually, mine was the rather less careful embedding - a cross-cap

When you can come up with a simple 2-D form of a 3-D object that is only, strictly speaking, realisable in 4-D, could you show me. :)

Also, could you show me where you found the inside of a Klein bottle? (It doesn't have one)

(So I'm a smart-ass) :)

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 5:40 pm

Lau wrote:
KBABZ wrote:

It wasn't suggestive at all - until GoatOnFire suggested it! (And I just tried it again. Yep. Same reaction. I'm stuck.)

NB. I did say your "sketch" - not a doodle (or an oil painting, for that matter (grin)).

Stick with it KBABZ, the suggestiveness might be a good thing. The stairs could symbolize sexual frustration, a common AS theme. It provides laughs for the dirty minded (you must have a clean mind otherwise you would have burst out laughing in the middle of drawing it).

And Lau, I am the world's worst interpreter of art, and proud of it. Just ask any art museum tour guide who's ever given me a tour. :twisted: Their faces are so funny when you get them angry, they're so pretentious yet their bubble is so easy to burst.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2007, 5:59 pm

Lau wrote:
richie wrote:

I sculpted a model of the nreal projective plane the other day, in clay. Actually, mine was the rather less careful embedding - a cross-cap

When you can come up with a simple 2-D form of a 3-D object that is only, strictly speaking, realisable in 4-D, could you show me. :)

Also, could you show me where you found the inside of a Klein bottle? (It doesn't have one)

(So I'm a smart-ass) :)

Klein bottles not "having an inside" means within a certain volume of the structure inside and
outside surfaces are mathematically indistinguishable.Like the "sides" of the "one sided"
Moebius Loop. You can pour liquids into and out of Klein Bottles.

JulieArticuno
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2007, 1:56 pm

What about a brain, with the inside striped in rainbow colours. any lettering couild be in black around it. Somethiong like that. Still gets accross the "spectrum" idea without so much gay connotation.

BTW, the "jigsaw" ribbon doesn't seem to be associated with the "curebies" here. No one has said that. Most have saiod "what's that?" So i've told them it's for autism awareness.

JulieArticuno

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 3:08 pm

JulieArticuno wrote:
What about a brain, with the inside striped in rainbow colours. any lettering couild be in black around it. Somethiong like that. Still gets accross the "spectrum" idea without so much gay connotation.

BTW, the "jigsaw" ribbon doesn't seem to be associated with the "curebies" here. No one has said that. Most have saiod "what's that?" So i've told them it's for autism awareness.

JulieArticuno

The jigsaw puzzle comes from Autism Speaks (yeah right).

In a way
We all go there

Leporidae
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2007, 3:34 pm

While it dose have all the colors of the rainbow and most of your don't seem to like that in your opinion (I do though), it's still very preatty. You are allowed to use it or any bit of it if you get to revamping the symbol: