A disturbing realization - not a PC thread.

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 4:18 am

PC= politically correct.

For the guys who are above 30, could it be we are struggling to make things work with women around our age because most of those women are actually.... non-relationship materials as well?

It's not very false to assume based on the fact that we made it single to this age that there's something fundamentally wrong with us (sorry but it's usually true, could be social skills, insecurity, poverty, zero self esteem..etc) - I feel it's the case for the ladies too; (they're either too picky, too emotionally unstable, too greedy, too insecure...etc).

For example, *All* the girls who I've dated and didn't get a second date with are still single to this day, and been single for long.

I guess most of those with desirable traits (of both genders) and relationship-materials are already in relationship.

So I guess we are a pool of leftovers trying to date leftovers.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 08 Jul 2013, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 4:20 am

Can't people break up or divorce after 30?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 4:54 am

I was thinking the same thing in my mid-20s...and the number of girls not in relationship, not married, and no kids (if one finds that to be an issue) seems to go down exponentially.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 4:55 am

YourMajesty wrote:

Getting divorced so young, can indicate the same problems with relationships that Face of Boo already mentioned, just that they made it a little further along the way before they got found out. I read that most divorcees end up getting divorced again.

What Face of Boo now has to do, is wait until his 50s when perfectly good Women have been discarded by their selfish husbands, purely because they have grown so fat, ugly and generally disagreeable, that the husbands are disgusted by them and prefer to be alone, then the likes of us suddenly become attractive to Women who previously wouldn't have lowered themselves to even look at us.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 4:58 am

That's true boo.

But I think the tables turn a bit. See women usually want to have children and their body clocks are ticking, so they become a bit more interested. Like I thought I read somewhere that there libido peaks at 30. Also I think men age better than women. :chin:

One thing I'd mention don't get pissed off at women in general from bad experiences from women you meet on dating sites. They do not reflect on what women as a whole are like. Like you said they usually are single for a very good reason.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 4:59 am

Nambo wrote:
What Face of Boo now has to do, is wait until his 50s when perfectly good Women have been discarded by their selfish husbands, purely because they have grown so fat, ugly and generally disagreeable...

Sounds great, I can't wait! =)

Last edited by SabbraCadabra on 08 Jul 2013, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 7:29 am

Nambo wrote:
YourMajesty wrote:

Getting divorced so young, can indicate the same problems with relationships that Face of Boo already mentioned, just that they made it a little further along the way before they got found out. I read that most divorcees end up getting divorced again.

What Face of Boo now has to do, is wait until his 50s when perfectly good Women have been discarded by their selfish husbands, purely because they have grown so fat, ugly and generally disagreeable, that the husbands are disgusted by them and prefer to be alone, then the likes of us suddenly become attractive to Women who previously wouldn't have lowered themselves to even look at us.

Yay! So I go standby now for 20 years, killing any chance to have a couple life, family, a son or daughter under the hope of finding a partner in my 50s!!

Sounds like a genius plan.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 7:57 am

Nambo wrote:
YourMajesty wrote:

My mom separated from my dad when she was 42, now 50 and in a relationship again with what seems like an open minded, nice man. My dad was just no relationship-material, abusive, aloof, hoarder, etc. I think that what we're seeing is cultural change: Love life isn't only an issue when you're (very) young but also later on as the stigma on divorce and breaking up has lifted somewhat. I doubt anyone can say any ''general'' things about it or these people as we all differ so much, and so do individual situations and relationships.

That's also what I have against people who use generalisations when discussing stuff like abortion, welfare, divorce et cetera, they often seem to forget it's basically *never* that simple and predictable. It's just too complex.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 8:22 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Nambo wrote:
YourMajesty wrote:

Yay! So I go standby now for 20 years, killing any chance to have a couple life, family, a son or daughter under the hope of finding a partner in my 50s!!

Sounds like a genius plan.

Yep, just wish somebody had told me about it so I could have gone on standby for 20 years instead of wasting my life fantasizing about meeting someone and living a normal life.

In addition to which, I forgot to mention, those Women even the husbands didnt want, just dont seem to me to have been worth waiting for, certainly not worth giving up the advantages of a single life for, so thats it Dude.
Actually, when I was a 15 year old doing an engineering job on Saturdays, the guys asked me things like If I had a girlfriend, if I was going to get married, I said I would wait until I was around 30 so I could enjoy a bit of life first, they said if you leave it to your 30s, it will be too late, all the Women would be gone.

What did I know, I was just a kid, they had experienced life.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 8:28 am

Quote:
Actually, when I was a 15 year old doing an engineering job on Saturdays, the guys asked me things like If I had a girlfriend, if I was going to get married, I said I would wait until I was around 30 so I could enjoy a bit of life first, they said if you leave it to your 30s, it will be too late, all the Women would be gone.

I was told the same when I was an uni student; he was probably right.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 8:34 am

There is some truth to what your saying.

Getting divorced young doesn't necessarily mean they are the type of person boo is referring to. I know a few people who rushed to get married, got divorced, and now, when they took things slower, are in happy relationships.

Of course, when he turns 50, he can pick up a hot 18 year old and be her sugar daddy. :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 8:40 am

^ I read in several places that divorcees usually get remarried fast.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remarriage

Quote:
The majority of people who have divorced (close to 80%) go on to marry again. On average, they ...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 8:45 am

I was married for over 20 years.I got married young,I wish I had waited.You are still immature at a young age and can really make bad relationship choices.I told both my kids to wait till they were in their thirties to get serious.Have fun,live a little,then settle down.
And I disagree with you MR_BOGAN about men aging better than women.Or at least the men around here don't.Most look pretty haggard by 50.But lots of jobs here are outside, and I guess the sun takes it's toll.I know I look younger than the men around here that are my age.But I believe in sunscreen and big hats.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 10:32 am

It is true that people who are best at relationships are usually spoke for, and spoken for at a young age. I would liken this problem to the job conundrum of needing experience to get a job, but not being able to get a job without experience. In both cases, I think all we can do is try, try, try--and try again--until we succeed. Most people do overcome the jobs problem, and many people do find romantic happiness past age thirty for the first time. It's a matter of being consistent and persistent.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 11:26 am

You remember wen i told you that i knew why you ere having troubles? This was it.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 12:18 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
PC= politically correct.

For the guys who are above 30, could it be we are struggling to make things work with women around our age because most of those women are actually.... non-relationship materials as well?

It's not very false to assume based on the fact that we made it single to this age that there's something fundamentally wrong with us (sorry but it's usually true, could be social skills, insecurity, poverty, zero self esteem..etc) - I feel it's the case for the ladies too; (they're either too picky, too emotionally unstable, too greedy, too insecure...etc).

For example, *All* the girls who I've dated and didn't get a second date with are still single to this day, and been single for long.

I guess most of those with desirable traits (of both genders) and relationship-materials are already in relationship.

So I guess we are a pool of leftovers trying to date leftovers.

I'd say this is the case if you're older than 21-22 here in Norway.