Biting off more than I can chew? Burnout imminent?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 4:41 pm

Boo has a point..........I may mention other dates if it comes up somehow.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 9:34 pm

Tell them if they ask, but don't go out of your way to make it a point. When you're online dating people with half a brain instantly assume you are going on dates with others.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 2:23 am

Kjas wrote:
Tell them if they ask, but don't go out of your way to make it a point. When you're online dating people with half a brain instantly assume you are going on dates with others.

A lot of girls have the 'he's a player' paranoia.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 2:26 am

He's single, he's free to do what he likes regardless of what they think. Anyone within their right mind on a dating site is obviously going to go on a few first dates with different people before making any decisions. It's common sense. And it's not like they aren't doing the exact same thing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 2:43 am

Kjas wrote:
He's single, he's free to do what he likes regardless of what they think. Anyone within their right mind on a dating site is obviously going to go on a few first dates with different people before making any decisions. It's common sense. And it's not like they aren't doing the exact same thing.

Exactly, but also the girls have "he's a loser desperate" paranoia too :lol:.

Let them know he's on roll would abolish any such doubts.

And you're giving them too much credit regarding common sense trolololol.

DefinitelyKmart
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jul 2013, 4:08 am

This is gonna sound crazy, but you do realise the way you outwardly are can cause a flake?
like if you thought you was gonna flake and your tone of conversation didn't seem decisive or interested.. you can be pre emtively flaked on lol

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 9:28 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Kjas wrote:

Exactly, but also the girls have "he's a loser desperate" paranoia too :lol:.

Let them know he's on roll would abolish any such doubts.

And you're giving them too much credit regarding common sense trolololol.

Common sense is not common to all........especially not me. :lol:

UPDATE:

Date number 1 went pretty well. We both got sick of the bar really quick and hungout in the local graveyard. We have a 2nd hangout next week hopefully. Did talk about casual dating scene and mentioned that I had a bunch of dates over the next few weeks. Wasn't awkward or strange at all, but then again we're both weird.

Date 2 (who I would have gone out with tonight) flaked again. She did the same thing on Saturday and used her diasability (a chronic pain disorder) as her excuse. Fair enough, as I'm aware how dibilitating those are. Not sure what her excuse was tonight other than to say she had other plans and ask if we could raincheck again......... :roll: Probably for the best as I could use some me-time tonight.

Date 3 Is a wildcard (or a catfish) whom I actually know very little about. She had a mildly descriptive profile, one headshot photo and answered no questions so we will see.

All-in-all I'm feeling a lot less anxious now.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 9:43 am

Graveyard??? lol

As for Date 2, I suggest to throw the ball in her court; tell her something like "ok, contact me once you can feel like it" - and leave it at that. Don't pursue her anymore.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 1:55 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Graveyard??? lol

As for Date 2, I suggest to throw the ball in her court; tell her something like "ok, contact me once you can feel like it" - and leave it at that. Don't pursue her anymore.

The fact that she thinks graveyards are a fun place to hangout is a very good sign actually..........

That's pretty much what I decided to do with the second girl.