Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 12:14 pm

I am on the contraceptive pill and it makes my periods very bearable, but I don't think it helps with PMT very much. Actually, PMT is quite up and down for me, sometimes I get it before my period, sometimes I get it after my period, sometimes I get it during my period, and sometimes not at all. This time I have got PMT before my period (which is factually when I should have it), and I've been tearful for about 3 or 4 days before today (my period is due today). But today I have been quite emotionally tough, I've stood up for myself at work a few times today when being wronged about something I know I'm right about, and I didn't feel all emotionally weak and tearful afterwards (which normally I do, because being told off or confronted feels like a form of humiliation to me).

But over the week-end I have been extremely tearful, just bursting into tears over nothing and being unable to control it. Also, my buttons have been pushed more easier than usual, and I have been lashing out at my family without thinking, again because they pushed the wrong buttons at the wrong times without really meaning to. My brother knows which buttons to push (but then wonders why I get upset), so I have avoided him all week-end. I'm starting to think that it might be due to PMT, because I know that it is typically common in women to get more emotional or sensitive than usual during PMT, so I was wondering if for Aspies we tend to have more outbursts more easier during PMT? Because it seems it for me. I think I might be over my PMT but I'm not entirely sure, so I am going to keep away from my family for tonight, nothing against them, but I'm scared the wrong buttons are going to be pushed again and I'm going to lash out again, and I don't want to upset the same people over again.

wildcoyotedancer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jul 2013, 1:26 pm

Mine are worse and normally I shutdown first rather than meltdown but meltdown when I have PMT/PM'S although my mom says I was worse when I was younger and have gotten better. I was unaware how bad they were to outside world until she told me that. Maybe as I have matured I am getting more aware of what triggers me or recognizing that if I am on edge for no outside reason I can figure out then it's hormones or I'm getting sick. Although lately I am always on edge as I am finding my life to be extra overwhelming so then me PMS is worse.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 3:16 pm

While I seem to get angry or aggressive more easily than the average woman every day of the month, I've had so many intense meltdowns or bouts of angry during the last two weeks before my period I don't think it's a coincidence, especially since my temper is usually a lot better the rest of the month now. Just yesterday my period had started and after spending over two excruciating hours at Wal-mart shopping for a craft project and waiting for some photos to be developed I was ready to massacre people. It was worse than usual with more screaming kids and sweaty tourists and lack of staff (how can a store that has so many employees not have ANYone working in the camera dept.???) Also everything seemed to just suddenly go wrong when I was finally ready to leave. The bust wouldn't arrive for almost another hour and I wanted to take a cab home but had spent all my money, so I went to the ATM and it's out of order! As I leave a staff barely misses hitting me with a shopping cart and I started yelling something like "You WANT to hit me, don't you?!? Okay then go ahead!" I ended up walking maybe 20 minutes to a mall (the Wal-Mart USED to be at there but they decided to relocate as a stand-alone), because no other stores close by had an ATM. I didn't get a cab after all because I by that time I was able to use the bus after all but of course I can't be dropped off at my apartment so it's another hike. I was so sore and stiff and I still was today and of course having my period doesn't help although it's not really bad...but I'm just going into a rant. I probably did handle it better than I might have at one time, but I still find it harder to cope with life. Than usual for at least two weeks out of the month. And all the time I keep hearing how horrible menopause is and what a breeze having your period is compared to it and I'm 39 so that's not too far down the road, either. I sincerely think I would almost rather die than be broiling and sweating and my voice sounding like Darth Vadar! 8O

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 8:39 am

:-( Yes... PMT really sucks.

For me, the phrase "making a mountain out of a molehill" springs to mind... because things which might just be a bit frustrating normally can cause me to completely flip out if I have PMT.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 8:44 am

Quote:
Do you have more outbursts during PMT?

My mother says I do.
She says that during the week before my period I seem to get angry and have outbursts even more often than I usually do and that I get even more irritable and caustic, and somewhat passive-aggressive.

RudeGoldbergMachine
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2013, 10:53 am

Abso-frackin-lutely. I am the storm, the destroyer, the end of all things. Watching Glee and I feel like punching both Marley and Emma because they're too d*mn sweet.

[Snarls and throws laptop against th