Yes, full time. 43%  43%  [ 29 ]
No, but i would like to. 21%  21%  [ 14 ]
No, but im happy with that. 15%  15%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 68

lonestar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2013, 1:17 am

Please , if you have a job, tell me what you do for a living :)
I myself is a veterinary nurse, but dont function on thato ccupation. It demands more social scills, than i obsess ;)
My work now is halftime at a researsh and breeding station for fish. Its very routine , and not very sosial job. It suits me well :)

(In the process of getting a ASD diagnosis)

wildcoyotedancer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2013, 2:06 am

I work as a 1:1 tutor/therapist to kids on the autism spectrum full time but the stress and pressure is getting to me a lot. Not from the kids but other adults I deal with and I have to manage a lot of relationships and the stress has adversely effected me. Before the economy was bad and when I lived in a different state, the hourly rate was better and I had health insurance so I only had to work 30 hours a week. Now I work 50 hours a week during the school year and 40 hours a week in the summer for less money. Plus my current case is intense with more issues in the family beyond the usual stuff and I am overwhelmed and burnt out. I need to figure out a new career but still would like to help kids and other adults on the spectrum. Plus I would like to get my own dx and therapy.

Personality: INFP

Jabberwokky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jul 2013, 5:35 am

Health and Safety Manager for a construction company operating in very remote countries.

IdleHands
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jul 2013, 6:34 am

Under paid System Administrator working for the public school system.

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2013, 7:04 am

I work with a slew of things connected to international air logistics. From overseeing loading/unloading of jets and propeller planes, to auditing air dangerous goods, to administrative duties such as filing and internal audists to customs and data processing to... I don't know... I am one of the people at my local office that has the training and ability to do pretty much everything but the heavy lifting, so I end up filling in for everyone whenever there are vacations / sickness.
I wish I didn't have to work full time though, because especially when I work on the ramp, there are just too much going on for me not to come home with daily meltdowns. All the beeping and flashing and all the people and the noise from the machines and the aircrafts and at the same time being focused on making sure all the procedures are being followed is a bit overwhelming. Oh, and the permanent night-shift is also not helping my social life... Not htat I have one, but it's almost impossible to fit one in when you go to bed when other people go to work, and go to work when other people get home from their jobs.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 11:10 am

Right now I clean and vacuum pack fish. I actually enjoy the job a lot - for some reason slicing up fish feels fun to me (I think the feel of my knife going through their tough skin just feels good), as does the repetitive task of vac packing them. Plus the pay is pretty good, and the hours, while sometimes long, are not so bad; and when they are long, my pay is even larger.

Mainly I deal with halibut this year, but there is an occasional salmon or cod that someone brings in, and sometimes when the tides are really bad (i.e. low) I will clean clams (which I don't enjoy so much, but I'm ok with it). I like it with a few of them, like if I go clamming and get a bunch, it's just cutting off the poop sack and getting all the crap (literally) out of them is annoying when you clean 600 or so in a day. On top of that I'm not too fond of eating clams.

A small side note: Is it just me, or is it a bit ironic/funny that the creator of this thread works to keep fish alive, and I take live fish, and kill them by cutting them into pieces? :lol: sorry if my sense of humor is a bit too much

lonestar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2013, 2:36 pm

Atomsk wrote:
Right now I clean and vacuum pack fish. I actually enjoy the job a lot - for some reason slicing up fish feels fun to me (I think the feel of my knife going through their tough skin just feels good), as does the repetitive task of vac packing them. Plus the pay is pretty good, and the hours, while sometimes long, are not so bad; and when they are long, my pay is even larger.

Mainly I deal with halibut this year, but there is an occasional salmon or cod that someone brings in, and sometimes when the tides are really bad (i.e. low) I will clean clams (which I don't enjoy so much, but I'm ok with it). I like it with a few of them, like if I go clamming and get a bunch, it's just cutting off the poop sack and getting all the crap (literally) out of them is annoying when you clean 600 or so in a day. On top of that I'm not too fond of eating clams.

A small side note: Is it just me, or is it a bit ironic/funny that the creator of this thread works to keep fish alive, and I take live fish, and kill them by cutting them into pieces? :lol: sorry if my sense of humor is a bit too much

hehehe. i like your sense of humor :D

(In the process of getting a ASD diagnosis)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 2:40 pm

I don't work currently, I would prefer if I could but I am not functional enough....maybe eventually I could get part time work, but I really don't know. For now I am trying to get on SSI to live on.

JMac26
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jul 2013, 4:50 pm

I'm a freelance photographer mostly covering sports for several clients when I'm not going to school for my degree. I also work part-time as an archivist for a local museum and basically spend all my time there scanning things.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 5:44 pm

I do clerical work at a medical insurance company four days a week. I do mainly computer work and also do some filing every once in a while.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 8:30 pm

I handcraft hammocks in isolation, nocturnally. I write poetry simultaneously. I get paid in peanut-butter & coffee but there's job security. I've always held jobs well; looking for them is the curse. So I'm staying put.

EQ: 6.

IdleHands
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jul 2013, 9:46 pm

Under paid System Administrator working for the public school system.

RagingShadow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2013, 10:42 pm

I do have a job, but not paid (not old enough)
I work with children and adults with various disabilities at an Activity center for 18 hours a week during the summer.
During the school year (this is technically a class, but I will count it as a job since it is very time consuming) I am the second in command of my JROTC Battalion. Last year I was in charge of the computer and personnel files, this year I am in charge of all of the staff and fill in for the commander when she is gone. I also run our weekly staff meeting.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 11:05 pm

<-- Electrical Engineer (MSEE) in the Transportation Industry.

Yes, I'm bragging.

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2013, 12:22 am

Fnord wrote:
<-- Electrical Engineer (MSEE) in the Transportation Industry.

Yes, I'm bragging.

Bah, not bragging. Engineers are hot.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 1:15 am

<--- Nurse in a nursing home. Basically he gets tortured for money to pay the rent.