Futuristic Things That Should Be Invented

Page 4 of 11 [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 11:39 pm

Dear_one wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Noiseless vacuum cleaners.

Actually....

Soundless vacuum cleaner with built in Ipods and ear buds for you listen to music while you vacuum.

Would you accept having a vacuum cleaner the size of a washing machine? It would need a long series of low-pressure impellers.

or it could be one of those wall units one useta find in big ol' rich people's houses. the vacuum unit itself was hidden in the bowels of the building with only a long pipe leading to various walls that hoses could be plugged into.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 4:40 pm

Dear_one wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Actually....

Soundless vacuum cleaner with built in Ipods and ear buds for you listen to music while you vacuum.

Would you accept having a vacuum cleaner the size of a washing machine? It would need a long series of low-pressure impellers.

If you mean washing machine sized thing on wheels that followed your around as you vacuum like most existing VCs then ofcoure not. Wouldn't be useful even a big house, much less in an apartment.

If you mean a thing that just sits in one room (like a washing machine) and is somehow connected by piping to the parts in the user's hand while the person is vacuuming the living room, maybe. Not sure how even that would be feasible.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 4:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Actually....

or it could be one of those wall units one useta find in big ol' rich people's houses. the vacuum unit itself was hidden in the bowels of the building with only a long pipe leading to various walls that hoses could be plugged into.

Do they exist ? I thought I invented that in my head , there were vacuum sockets next to all electrical sockets in my invention.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm

I know someone with one of those vacuum things. You just plug a hose into holes in the floor. It's not a big posh house, though, just a tiddly terrace. It was already in the house when she bought it.

I quite like those robot vacs that tootle round your house... but not sure if I trust robots... I've read too much sci -fi with black AIs and deranged war droids...

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 4:57 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Do they exist ? I thought I invented that in my head , there were vacuum sockets next to all electrical sockets in my invention.

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/ideas/inst ... um-cleaner

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 5:05 pm

Another one that has been partly invented is an efficient home power center. I burn natural gas, and 20% of the heat is used to run the chimney and keep the steam produced by combustion from condensing in the chimney. Better units use an air pump, and condense the steam. Fiat makes a generator set to both power and heat a home, however, where heat is the primary need, it would be even better using the motor to run a heat pump.
However, it probably pays better to forget the fuel, and use passive systems to maintain temperature, with solar for electricity as needed.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 5:09 pm

Trueno wrote:
I know someone with one of those vacuum things. You just plug a hose into holes in the floor. It's not a big posh house, though, just a tiddly terrace. It was already in the house when she bought it.

I quite like those robot vacs that tootle round your house... but not sure if I trust robots... I've read too much sci -fi with black AIs and deranged war droids...

Here, a Roomba would choke on socks, etc. and I'd have to check it for expensive little tool bits and other treasures. I don't know of anybody who could use one.

Whole-house vacuums are powerful, so they have long hoses. The inlets are less frequent than electrical outlets.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 9:00 pm

Dog :ninja: owner :ninja: shock collar

The owner scans a tag, in and out of off leash areas. Everywhere else, the dog must be on leash or the owner gets a electric shock

:ninja:

Extrovert muzzle. Idiots talk too much and too loudly and there are too many of them

:skull:

Homophobic simpletons detector

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 12:17 am

some kinda neural thing where you put on this special hat and it automatically mutes the noise of noisy environments while still letting you hear [selected] music and speech.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 12:18 am

this hat would also automatically block out all MAGAs.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 11:04 pm

Tooth cover for each time you drink something like soda or orange juice.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 10:11 pm

The ability to teleport to anywhere.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 10:14 pm

an OTC cure for dry mouth.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 1:54 am

A cure for insomnia :wall:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 2:21 am

a plug in device that quiets noisy car interiors electronically.

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Aug 2019, 4:41 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
A cure for insomnia

I'd also love a cure for insomnia. Not pills that sort of knock you out for a while and leave you groggy the next day, but something that just sends you into deep, natural, restful sleep all night.

If they could grow new lenses in the eyes and repair damaged hearing cells, that would be great too.