I came on here 13 months ago for advice update

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 9:30 am

I was about to start a job as a casual employee working through an agency.

I have been open and honest about my Aspergers Autism or whatever we call it these days.

Fast forward 13 months and I working for the company itself and I have uniform along with all the other bells and whistles.

I only put my Autism together in my head before I stared that job and a few months ago I got a formal diagnosis.

I have made the usual social mistakes but being open about my condition has got me a pass my co workers tell me not to worry about it.

Right now I am a content individual and I have my fellow Autistic's and Max Plank to thank for giving me a better idea how to handle the social demands of a work environment.

A big THANK YOU to all or you.

I know there are some people with Autism here who will never be able to handle a job my post should not make you feel bed because I will never be able to handle a relationship we are all different.

By the way I am finished for the weekend and I have just cracked my first beer while I listen to music and mess with my computer and I feel happy to be alone.

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 9:44 am

I just found the post before I started the job.

I was on here a number of weeks before that it's funny how we can forget things like that.

sharkattack wrote:
I am starting a new job in a warehouse and I am looking for some advice.

I have worked and this kind of thing for years until my job closed last year.

Aspergers means I talk too much at times and I have meltdowns when I get stressed.

This lead to me being bullied and disliked plus many other problems.

I am starting a job with a clean slate and I would like to keep it.

I am thinking my best approach will be to keep my head down and keep myself to myself.

Lunch times my plan is to get a newspaper and sit by myself.

It is only in these last few months that I matched up my symptoms to Aspergers.

Any opinions? my ears are open.

Thanks in advance.

Link to that thread. http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4689398.html&highlight=#4689398

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

:D That's awesome.

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 11:37 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
:D That's awesome.

This board and all on it are awesome.

The uniform is yuck but if that is my biggest worry right now?

Need I say more.. :D

Again a big THANKS.

IdleHands
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jul 2013, 4:36 pm

I'm glad to see you are making some advances in your life. Don't be so quick to give up on having a relationship. I bet at one time you thought you would never keep a job, and now you are. If you put no limitations on yourself then there will be none.

I am married with 2 kids. If I can find someone to love my crazy ass, you can too. What you dislike about yourself may be exactly what someone else may be looking for. Don't under estimate our ability to be loyal; many good looking NT's fail at this, and after a while people drop the superficial in favor of something real.

You miss every chance you don't take!

If you can, find someone on the spectrum in your area that is less fortunate than you are and help them in some way.
You hold the power to positively effect others whether you realize it yet or not.

Best of luck in all your endeavors :)