Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,989

12 Jul 2013, 1:44 pm

what is some of the lamest, most untrue,most dumbest rejecting line
you ever gotten.

meaning someone who doesn't want to date you,but the reason they
give you is completely stupid,lame, or fully untrue.



Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,908

12 Jul 2013, 2:20 pm

See, the thing is, you can't just make these type of "worst of" threads here out of the blue without posting your own answer to your own question.

Feels like baiting to me, especially in touchy places like L&D where there are people with problems or people being problems.



aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,181
Location: Canada

12 Jul 2013, 2:20 pm

"it's not you, it's me." Would be right up there.

I think the lamest rejection came from someone who said the words "you hurt me and I no longer have any interest in dating you." Those words itself seem reasonable, it was the circumstances around it that were quite lame. She was texting her ex-bf the entire time we were hanging out one day. The next day I hear those words. Coincidence? I think not. Just a matter of someone who was not previously available suddenly making himself available again.



ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2013
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 195
Location: Norway

12 Jul 2013, 2:45 pm

Once there was this guy that first hit on me and were all interested. Then i asked how old he were, he said he were 21, he asked me my age (then i were 20) so i said i was 20. Next thing i knew he said "Judging your looks i thought you were younger than that.. Uhm.. I have to make a phone call, be right back" And of course he didn't come back.. What makes it icky is that back then many people thought looked like i was 15/16'ish.. O.o so to that guy: "You Freakin Pedo you!! glad you scooped!"


_________________
"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much" | Oscar Wilde


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,401
Location: Stendec

12 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm

aspiemike wrote:
"It's not you, it's me." Would be right up there...

... along with "You're too good for me" and "I like you too much to ever get that serious with you".



EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 347

12 Jul 2013, 3:11 pm

'I love you, I just can't deal with all your crap' (meaning the social anxieties and need for alone time and space and certain 'ritual' etc... Basically my ASD-traits.)



ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2013
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 195
Location: Norway

12 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

EmberEyes wrote:
'I love you, I just can't deal with all your crap' (meaning the social anxieties and need for alone time and space and certain 'ritual' etc... Basically my ASD-traits.)


That's when you should remember that one quote by Marilyn Monroe ""If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" :)


_________________
"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much" | Oscar Wilde


EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 347

12 Jul 2013, 3:24 pm

ChromaticRaven wrote:
EmberEyes wrote:
'I love you, I just can't deal with all your crap' (meaning the social anxieties and need for alone time and space and certain 'ritual' etc... Basically my ASD-traits.)


That's when you should remember that one quote by Marilyn Monroe ""If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" :)

Nh, that's when I got angry and said something like 'That -crap- happens to be a part of my personality, and if you can't deal with that, you never loved -me- in the first place.' and stormed off.



Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,879

12 Jul 2013, 3:36 pm

Uprising wrote:
See, the thing is, you can't just make these type of "worst of" threads here out of the blue without posting your own answer to your own question.
Feels like baiting to me, especially in touchy places like L&D where there are people with problems or people being problems.


^ This.



Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,130
Location: Scandinavia

12 Jul 2013, 3:50 pm

Only the same classic BS excuses here (eg. no chemistry, not ready for a relationship etc.).



aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,181
Location: Canada

12 Jul 2013, 4:58 pm

ChromaticRaven wrote:
EmberEyes wrote:
'I love you, I just can't deal with all your crap' (meaning the social anxieties and need for alone time and space and certain 'ritual' etc... Basically my ASD-traits.)


That's when you should remember that one quote by Marilyn Monroe ""If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" :)


The irony of the people that often say such a line really can't handle others at their worst.



1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,036
Location: CT, USA

12 Jul 2013, 5:03 pm

No.

But then I copied a PUA thing I read because I was in 9th grade and thought said people had the secrets of life (man I was dumb as hell as a teenager...) and then said "I guess I'm too good for you anyway."

And then we never talked again.

And that's my only real rejection ever. The rest were from me not trying.



Willard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,647

12 Jul 2013, 6:33 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Only the same classic BS excuses here (eg. no chemistry, not ready for a relationship etc.).



Actually, I think those two are fairly honest, even if they aren't what you want to hear at that moment.



aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,181
Location: Canada

12 Jul 2013, 6:51 pm

Willard wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
Only the same classic BS excuses here (eg. no chemistry, not ready for a relationship etc.).



Actually, I think those two are fairly honest, even if they aren't what you want to hear at that moment.


"Not ready for a relationship" is often code for "I don't want one with you." Although honest, I have seen some girls turn around and end up in a relationship a day or two after telling me they didn't want or weren't ready for a relationship.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 98,134
Location: the island of defective toy santas

12 Jul 2013, 8:42 pm

it would be nice if they would either 1]spy us from afar and just decide to go back home, or 2]see us and without any delay, tell us upfront something along the lines of "I won't waste your time or mine, but you aren't what I want," then just leave.



billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,989

12 Jul 2013, 11:08 pm

here's one I heard,more than once.
''oh, Im not interesting in dating,I enjoy being single''

nearly every girl who said that to me,got a boyfriend the next week.