Take this test, and let me know the results!

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What results did you get?
ENTJ 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
INTJ 38%  38%  [ 35 ]
ENTP 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
INTP 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
ISTP 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
ESTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTJ 28%  28%  [ 26 ]
ESTJ 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
ESFJ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFJ 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
ESFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ENFJ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INFJ 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
ENFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INFP 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 92

lonestar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2013, 6:01 am

ChrisP wrote:
Apart from the fact that this wasn't THE (official!) Myers Briggs Indicator (it's not a Test!!), answering the (official!) questions is just one stage of the process of identifying your own personality type. There really is no substitute for doing the complete process, guided by a Qualified Practitioner.
Chris
(Qualified Practitioner!)

I would be interested in the official indicator.
Link ?

(In the process of getting a ASD diagnosis)

ChrisP
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jul 2013, 6:26 am

I'm afraid the official questionnaire isn't openly available on the internet, although it is possible to take the instrument online and receive proper feedback by email contact with a practitioner.

Apart from copyright issues, there is a duty of care towards people using the process, who can be misled by the significance and implications of their results. In certain circumstances psychological harm can be done to individuals by the misapplication of the MBTI and the theory behind it, and qualified practitioners are trained to handle those situations safely. Sorry to sound dusty, but trust me, we spend a lot of time and effort learning to do this stuff professionally!

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 6:59 am

INTJ (I also occasionally score INTP; the judging vs perceiving is usually pretty close).

SteelBlu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2013, 8:02 am

ISTJ
Introvert(100%) Sensing(38%) Thinking(38%) Judging(78%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)

ChrisP
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jul 2013, 9:14 am

IdleHands wrote:
ChrisP-

Enlighten us to the proper way so we can see how much is actually different versus self preservation. Do you have statistical data revealing a trend of differences in results between your way and another?

Not quite sure how to answer this, but I would expect the (official!) questionnaire alone to produce the 'correct' indication of personality type ('all four letters') in about 70% of candidates. A further 25% would be resolved in the next stage of the feedback process. 5% might remain unresolved for a variety of reasons.

lonestar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2013, 9:35 am

I took the questioneer again and was ISTJ. the first test i did i was INTJ. so i might be somwhere between.
I wonder what the typical (NT) person get on this test..(?)

(In the process of getting a ASD diagnosis)

IdleHands
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jul 2013, 10:36 am

ChrisP

So are you only here to learn from us without reciprocating? Are you an autistic psych professional? How is your paid for knowledge any better than my free knowledge? I took every psychology and sociology course available at my state university and I believe nobody knows me better than myself.

I'm not trying to be a prick, rather I want to be convinced to what makes your version of the test any more valid. It seems as though most autistics are INTJ and since this is a forum about autism I think the test is a valid tool.

If you cannot disclose the test maybe you can use your knowledge to validate your test against the ones online by having your patients take both.

I worked in the automotive industry for a while and many mechanics hated that people were learning how to fix their own cars by watching youtube videos. They did not hate it because it was the wrong way, rather it was one less customer coming through the door.

If a person is fully grown and mostly functional than a path of self discovery does not require money to be valid.

Soul_Doubt
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Jul 2013, 10:56 am

ISTJ

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

INTJ

Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(1%) Judging(33%)
You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

I did this in the past and got INFP, but very marginally FP.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 12:14 pm

ISTP, sometimes I'm ISTJ. Depending on how I feel like answering the questions on any given day.

Introvert (89% always) Sensing (12% - 25%) Thinking (1% - 25%) Perceiving (0 - 33%) or Judging (0 - 11%)

I'm more ISTP, then anything. But I could be anything from a ISTP to a IIFJ.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 12:33 pm

lonestar wrote:
I wonder what the typical (NT) person get on this test..(?)

ChrisP
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jul 2013, 1:07 pm

Ouch, IdleHands! First of all, I'm AS myself, and once diagnosed was promptly medically retired because my 'employers' couldn't cope with the implications. The cost of my MBTI training was paid for by a charity, and in recognition of that I have never accepted a penny for any work I have done with this qualification in the 15 years since I did the (160 hours teaching and study, plus exam and supervised practicals) training. 'I' don't have a 'version' of MBTI - my training helped me to orient myself with the experience of the professional community that has been using MBTI for over 50 years. Millions of people world-wide have taken the indicator over that period, so there is a mountain of evidential data to support it's conclusions.

The trouble is, alongside the good stuff, the internet is awash with misleading stuff about MBTI - like the idea that it is a 'test that will tell you your personality type'. One person will recognise themselves in the letters that emerge from their answers - but may feel that this is somehow telling them how they need to live to be happy and fulfilled! Another may feel they are completely different from the personality their letters describe - so rubbish the whole thing on the spot, unaware that there are further stages and subtleties to explore to get to the real answers. It's because I do believe MBTI is valid and useful that I want to defend it in the face of home-made versions of varying quality.

MBTI and autism, now there's an interesting and complex subject, about which there has been very little writing or research. My working theory is this: that the MBTI properly used can identify the core personality type of a person with autism. (There is a version for work with children -MMTIC- might help with those who are lower functioning?) I think you'd need a larger randomised sample before safely claiming that 'most autistics are INTJ'. It seems to me that the presence of autism can slew the initial results from the questionnaire, but one can compensate for that in the 'best fit exercise' which is the following stage of the full process. Autism seems to make it harder for some types to access their personality strengths, and can also exacerbate the stresses arising from the 'less preferred side' of one's personality. MBTI knowledge can help autistic people to anticipate or even avoid 'meltdowns'.

I could say much more - but Aspies are famous for their ability to bore on their favourite subjects! But if I can answer a question, then I will!

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 1:16 pm

Autism forum: one of the few places in existence where the introverts significantly outnumber the extroverts :)

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

ISTP

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 3:06 pm

ISTJ
Introvert(78%) Sensing(75%) Thinking(50%) Judging(56%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have distinctive preference of Sensing over Intuition (75%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

Last edited by tall-p on 15 Jul 2013, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IdleHands
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jul 2013, 3:27 pm

ChrisP-

I'm sorry I made assumptions and I should not have. I was in a period of mania which can make me somewhat uppity and crass. I'm sorry they took your career away based on your AS diag. You are a viable asset to autistics; possibly even more so than most having been on both sides of the coin.

It is what happened to you that I want to prevent. I am trying to figure a way to band autistics together and change the view of what we are, and my actions were reflecting the opposite of that. I appreciate your tolerance.

To the OP, sorry if I pooped on your thread :/